Oasis Speciality Restaurants

We are booked on Oasis sailing January 21,2012. I had planned to make reservations at 150 Park, Chops, Giovani's and the Solarium Bistro. I thought the Solarium Bistro sounded like Blu on the Celebrity Solstice Class ships. We've always loved dining in Blu. I've just read in the July issue of Ocean Cruise News that RCI did a modification on Oasis and added a 3D theatre. and changed the Solarium Grill to a Samba. I'm a bit disappointed. It seems like an oxymoron to have a Brazilian steakhouse on a cruise ship. You can get as much as you want in any complementary dining venue on a cruise ship. What's the point? I'd like to know if they still have the solarium cafe for breakfast and lunch. Has anyone been on Oasis since the change?

Irene

The Oasis does not have Samba's. It's only available on Allure. The Solarium Bistro is available for no charge during breakfast and lunch on both Oasis and Allure. For dinner the Solarium Bistro has a charge for dinner and is only available on the Oasis during the evening hours. By the way, we enjoy Samba's.

I know that Samba was just on Allure.but the July issue of Ocean Cruise News said that RCI is in the middle of an upgrade of several ships to add Oasis Class amenities to several older ships. Among the ships mentioned was the blurb on Oasis. The article said that they had added a 3D theatre, the dreamworks experience and changed the Solarium Grill to a Samba. It didn't say anything about the complementry breakfast and lunch at that venue and that was my question for anyone that has just recently been on Oasis.

Irene

I know that Samba was just on Allure.but the July issue of Ocean Cruise News said that RCI is in the middle of an upgrade of several ships to add Oasis Class amenities to several older ships. Among the ships mentioned was the blurb on Oasis. The article said that they had added a 3D theatre, the dreamworks experience and changed the Solarium Grill to a Samba. It didn't say anything about the complementry breakfast and lunch at that venue and that was my question for anyone that has just recently been on Oasis.

Irene

Ok I was on Oasis in May and to answer your questions:

The Opal Theater just has a new feature in which the movie screen shows movies in 3-D too. That's all ;). The Dreamworks experience is on the Oasis but barely noticeable unless you attend to the dedicated activities designed for those who want to experience Dreamworks. And the Solarium Bristo is still the Solarium Bristo serving it's healthy complimentary breakfasts and lunch. Dinner has a fee.

Hope I was helpful :)

Ok I was on Oasis in May and to answer your questions:

The Opal Theater just has a new feature in which the movie screen shows movies in 3-D too. That's all ;). The Dreamworks experience is on the Oasis but barely noticeable unless you attend to the dedicated activities designed for those who want to experience Dreamworks. And the Solarium Bristo is still the Solarium Bristo serving it's healthy complimentary breakfasts and lunch. Dinner has a fee.

Hope I was helpful :)

Thanks, that's exactly what I was asking. I'm wondering if the change just hasn't happened yet. I guess I'll find out sooner or later. It isn't a dealbreaker for us. I just thought it was intresting that they took the concept from Celebrity which has been our cruiseline of choice for the last couple of years. Our first cruise many years ago was on Royal Carribean and it was our favorite for a long time. Just seems like now Celebrity is aimed exactly at our demographic. I'll just keep checking these bords. I'm sure that if there are any changes I'll read about it first here.

Irene

• 3 weeks later...

Archived