Sunken House

terkatz56

Wow we have been to Curacao 7 times diving and snorkling and never heard of the sunken house. You sure you got the name right?

Hmmm... I posted once and it never came through...but I read about this on the snorkel and dive thread. It is actually called the house reef but have heard it was a sunken house, that is now an artificial reef. It has been talked about going through the Dive Bus...but I am not sure if it is beach entry accessible or if you have to sail out to it.

Hmmm... I posted once and it never came through...but I read about this on the snorkel and dive thread. It is actually called the house reef but have heard it was a sunken house, that is now an artificial reef. It has been talked about going through the Dive Bus...but I am not sure if it is beach entry accessible or if you have to sail out to it.

The Dive Bus is the name of a Dive Shop on the island owned by Mark and Suzi. The beach across the street is called Pierbaei and that reef has what they call "the car pile" where years ago islanders dumped cars and buses and girders to help grow a reef. Great place to dive and is a nice snorkel spot too, but not sure about snorkeling above the carpile as it is about 60 feet deep.. I dove all around that island in the year that I lived there and I have never heard of a sunken house. There is also a spot called the blue room, but that area is only accessible by boat and it is a spot that has been eroded away by the ocean. Great snorkel dive spot also, but still no house.

The Dive Bus is the name of a Dive Shop on the island owned by Mark and Suzi. The beach across the street is called Pierbaei and that reef has what they call "the car pile" where years ago islanders dumped cars and buses and girders to help grow a reef. Great place to dive and is a nice snorkel spot too, but not sure about snorkeling above the carpile as it is about 60 feet deep.. I dove all around that island in the year that I lived there and I have never heard of a sunken house. There is also a spot called the blue room, but that area is only accessible by boat and it is a spot that has been eroded away by the ocean. Great snorkel dive spot also, but still no house.

OK...thanks for the info and I will try to after the info on the "house" on the scuba/snorkel thread where it was mentioned.

Welcome back Curacao, how was your trip?

It was a wonderful trip. Went to Marriott 3 times... no Elvis or Clinton there as they work during the day now. icon9.gif but TJ (Tijan) was there and he saw my daughter, thinking she was me. She had NO clue who he was....LOL. The diving was wonderful as usual, but the desire to return is now out of my system. All 3 of us made 2-3 dives daily as planned and our last full day we took the Jana Lisa (Bounty group) sailboat over to Klein Curacao and had a quiet day. Dove with Turtles and such and just enjoyed the view and relaxed and such. No power or anything on the island, but the boat had all we needed. The island changed a little, since last visit. The new Hyatt had at least 6 people there, so I hope they do better. the Marriott was busy, busy, busy, they even let us up poolside to have a drink at the pool bar. They made it quite clear not to use the pool !!!

I love cruises so, if I ever return to Curacao, it will be on a cruise ship and I will go to Holiday Beach or Blue Bay or to my old apartment and park it. I have seen the entire island several times over and I have LOTS (thousands of pictures to prove it !!)

I know you are excited to get back down there as I do know that feeling.

I will look here every now and then to see if I can help out with questions, but I am packing this week to move to another jobsite in Houston and will not have internet for a week or so.......YEA !!!!

Take care and have a safe trip. My next cruise is on the Magic on 1-8-2012. 5 months away, yesterday. Next ????????

Pat

It was a wonderful trip. Went to Marriott 3 times... no Elvis or Clinton there as they work during the day now. icon9.gif but TJ (Tijan) was there and he saw my daughter, thinking she was me. She had NO clue who he was....LOL. The diving was wonderful as usual, but the desire to return is now out of my system. All 3 of us made 2-3 dives daily as planned and our last full day we took the Jana Lisa (Bounty group) sailboat over to Klein Curacao and had a quiet day. Dove with Turtles and such and just enjoyed the view and relaxed and such. No power or anything on the island, but the boat had all we needed. The island changed a little, since last visit. The new Hyatt had at least 6 people there, so I hope they do better. the Marriott was busy, busy, busy, they even let us up poolside to have a drink at the pool bar. They made it quite clear not to use the pool !!!

I love cruises so, if I ever return to Curacao, it will be on a cruise ship and I will go to Holiday Beach or Blue Bay or to my old apartment and park it. I have seen the entire island several times over and I have LOTS (thousands of pictures to prove it !!)

I know you are excited to get back down there as I do know that feeling.

I will look here every now and then to see if I can help out with questions, but I am packing this week to move to another jobsite in Houston and will not have internet for a week or so.......YEA !!!!

Take care and have a safe trip. My next cruise is on the Magic on 1-8-2012. 5 months away, yesterday. Next ????????

Pat

Hey Pat, I can't say I'm excited to go back, hubby will have to take off 7days from work not paid, he changed jobs since making the reservation last march. Thinking we are going to New Orleans instead, my mind will be made up tomorrow. Glad you had a good trip and that T.J. is still there.

Keep in touch

Laurie

Hey Pat, I can't say I'm excited to go back, hubby will have to take off 7days from work not paid, he changed jobs since making the reservation last march. Thinking we are going to New Orleans instead, my mind will be made up tomorrow. Glad you had a good trip and that T.J. is still there.

Keep in touch

Laurie

Good luck on that. At least he still has a job, as I am thankful everyday !!!! But I have 5 of 'em, with 4 of them just being seasonal and part time. LOL that is my vacation $$$$$$

Archived