Random Freedom Thoughts

hospsafe

We just got back from an 8 day aboard the Freedom. This is my and DW's 2nd time on Freedom and 5th overall on Carnival. There were 12 of us total. Five had never cruised before. We have done a total of 8 cruises. Here are just some random thoughts:

1. The attitude of the crew hasn't changed since the last time we were on it two years ago. Extremely friendly!

2. We might have had the best wait staff in the Posh Dinning Room we have ever had. Props to Amade (pronounced "I Made") and Marvin exceeded our expectations nightly.

3. They only served the " really good" hash browns on two of the days. I guess that's happens when expenses go up.

4. Deck chairs were easy to come by except those closest to the pool.

5. The piano bar singer was one of the worst I have heard. This bummed me out considering the posting I read on here prior to leaving.

6. The Beatles show was excellent.

7. There were less than 900 kids under the age of 21 on board. However, this was the first cruise I have ever felt "their presence". Security had their hands full I am sure.

8. Thanks to one bartender in particular, I have rekindled my love of Chocolate Martini's.

9. The ships crew was constantly cleaning.

10. I guess Carnival doesn't film all of the outdoor activities to be played on the tv anymore. I only saw the Newlywed Game replayed over and over and over...

11. The food quality regardless of place was excellent.

12. I wish Carnival would post signs on the fitness track telling people who walk to stay to the right and those who run stay to the left.

13. Carnival needs a better selection of single malt scotch.

14. When I boarded Carnival had no record of my 4 previous cruises but did have my wife's. This got corrected within 24 hours. I was impressed.

15. Thanks to the great time we had this week, there are now 5 more people addicted to cruising.

16. For the first time I can recall on any cruise, the supply of pizzas could not keep up with the demand.

Finally, a man was standing in line to talk to someone at the "front desk" two days before we got back. I heard his wife tell him, "Oh and make sure you tell them you want a discount for all the lines I have had to stand in this week."

Who was your piano bar singer? We were on the July 16th sailing with Chris and thought he was fantastic. More so as a player, secondary as a singer. He was very entertaining and a couple of nights we were there until after 3 am with a large crowd. I will say by wednesday/Thursday his voice was strained and he was using clorospeptic spray and trying to nurse it back to health.

Otherwise we agree the service, food and cleanliness of the ship was great!!!!

:) Thanks for the rundown. The Freedom is my next cruise in the queue, so it's good to see positive comments :D

Although...I am sad to hear the piano bar guy wasn't good. This was going to me my first cruise that I could go to the piano bar and actually stay and enjoy the smoke free air.

Archived