Golfing on Catalina Island

emilyderekmom

My husband is an avid golfer and I was planning on booking the 9 hole golf excursion on Catalina Island through RCI. Anyone done this excursion before? They say the cost of the excursion is $29 + $25 for club rental..are there any additional fees I need to consider? How do they get to the golf course and back?

Thanks

• 3 months later...

I've been to Catalina Island a couple of time when visiting DD in L.A. We played the nine holes once, and it was wonderful! The scenery, the course, all was just about perfect. Your DH will love you for this!!! We just went to the club house and paid the fees. (You can do this without booking an excursion through the ship, I'm sure.) Your time is your own while at Catalina.:)

Catalina Island is absolutely gorgeous. We loved it. However, nobody mentioned the 9 hole golf course to us. Next time we go there I will definetely try the golf. We enjoyed stopping in the shopping area and listening to the music. Lovely little beach area too. There is a wonderful hotel beyond Avalon. We met a couple wheeling their suitcases to the hotel. Of course they were young and in shape. I may take a stroll over there myself and checkout that hotel for lunch next time too. Gorgeous scenery abounds. Reminds me of the Mediterranean.

Hi, Catalina Island is a sweet little island, we live just 26 miles across the sea from it, remember the song :). Have gone there many times , but I don't golf so can't help you with that , but you will have a great time there, but it does get quite busy when the ships are in port.

Cori

Archived