Anything to see in Ft. Lauderdale?

MMJJCREW

Our flight doesn't leave until 8pm at night when we get off the Freedom in Ft. Lauderdale which means we have to entertain 4 kids all day. Can anyone suggest someplace to go? Are there any beaches that have shower/changing areas? We will have a rental car.

Our flight doesn't leave until 8pm at night when we get off the Freedom in Ft. Lauderdale which means we have to entertain 4 kids all day. Can anyone suggest someplace to go? Are there any beaches that have shower/changing areas? We will have a rental car.

Ft Lauderdale is a beautiful city with lots to do and see and beautiful beaches!!!You can also take an excursion thru carnival>

There are beaches with public bathrooms and changing facilities, but besides the outdoor showers to wash off, I can't recall anything more private than that.

Some of the attractions in the Ft. Lauderdale area:

• Ft. Lauderdale Beach
  • Beach Place
  • Las Olas Blvd
  • Riverwalk
  • Dania Beach Pier
  • Sawgrass Mills (30 minute drive)
  • Everglades Holiday Park (45 minute drive)
  • Ft. Lauderdale Museum of Science and Industry (great for kids)

there are the beaches but I have never seen a place to shower. There is sawgrass mall also which has a skate park inside. Google sawgrass mall and it will pull up (located in sunrise). There are also several parks with pools/splash pads and you could call and see if they have showers.

When we were in FLL (we arrived three days prior to our cruise) the thing we enjoyed the most was the sailing excursion we took there. It was a company called Tropical Sailing (research them on Trip Advisor's site) and for the dollar, it was a great way to spend the day. We were so thrilled, we left a glowing review on that site and I don't often take the time to do that. Got me started on booking all of my own excursions on cruises independent of the cruise line!

I'd also highly suggest getting a water taxi pass for a day and exploring the entire area. You'll find cute shops and quaint one-owner restaurants too.

Have fun!

How about the Jungle Queen Riverboat tour on the New River in Fort Lauderdale? Great narrated tour cruising past some of the rich and famous' estates culminating in a stop at an Indian village with gator wrestling. It's only a few minutes drive from the cruise terminal right near the beach, restaurants, etc. It has been a few years since we have been on this tour, I think it's still operating.

Web site: junglequeen.com

You may also want to consider checking out a day room at a nearby hotel if you can't find a tour or something that will last you all day. Your family can enjoy the hotel amenities, such as the pool and have a room to shower, change, rest...etc...before your flight out.

Have a great trip!

The kids might like this place. We visited last year. The monkeys roam free and there are various ways for you to feed them. Not to far from FLL.

http://www.monkeyjungle.com/

We had a long layover one time in Ft. Lauderdale and rented a car. We drove around the city, laid out on the beach a few hours, had lunch, etc. It is really beautiful and so much fun to just see all the yachts and boats that are there.

Whatever you do, don't hang around the airport, enjoy the day and the city.

Archived