M-Class Celebrity Suite Question

yayvacation!

I can't recall if anyone has posted on this recently or not, but I am looking to book a cruise on the Millie post-refurbishment in a Celebrity Suite.

Are they adding balconies to these cabins? And if so, how are they being added is it by actually constructing a balcony on the cabin or by reducing the square footage of the existing cabin and making a part of the original room a "balcony"?

Any info would be appreciated!!

I read somewhere that the balconies were going to be what's known as French Balconies. Those are basically railings in front of sliding glass doors. You can't really stand on them or have furniture. Seabourn did the same thing with three of their older ship's.

I read somewhere that the balconies were going to be what's known as French Balconies. Those are basically railings in front of sliding glass doors. You can't really stand on them or have furniture. Seabourn did the same thing with three of their older ship's.

Any idea where you saw this? I had not realised that any information had been published yet.

Sue

Even if they aren't real balconies, it should still be a big improvement just by eliminating some of major disadvantages of the current Celebrity Suites: having to take photos through glass and being unable to feel the fresh sea air or get any fresh air into your cabin.

A lot of passengers who have been avoiding them may consider them after the refurbishment, if they don't raise the prices too much.

Hi, Yayvacation! We seem to be on essentially the same cruise schedule! We stayed in the same CS you did in April. We have now booked a 5-day on Millie, due to my work schedule :(. But still happy to be cruising at all! For the Millie, I went ahead and sprung for the Royal Suite. Solstice CS has me totally spoiled for a suite AND a large balcony. I totally can't imagine a cruise without a balcony with loungers. We booked for March 2012, just prior to the refurb, so I will look forward to hearing from you how that turns out.

Archived