MDR - table size

liberty176

For our cruise in October, we're booked for the first seating in the main dining room. On the site it says that the only way to get a certain size table is to choose Select Dining, but when I called Celebrity and said I wanted early dining time + certain table size, the agent asked what size and then told me we're booked for a table for 2. When I login to Celebrity now, there's no note of this...do you think it's right/reliable? We really like to eat by ourselves. Thanks!

;)My husband and I also like to dine alone and every time we request a table for two we get one. My suggestion is to go to the main dining room as soon as you board and get your table assignment and find your table, then if you want to request a different one you could do it then.

We called the dining option number through Celebrity's website and requested a table for four (we're scheduled for the early seating). The customer service representative told me I would be able to see it on my 'My Celebrity' account online but I couldn't. So, I called back and someone I spoke to sent me an email attachment with my reservation as they see it and it does show my request for a table for four.

It's my understanding that it's only a request and may not be honored but we will check on it as soon as possible after boarding and request we be moved to a table for four if that isn't what we've been assigned.

It's my understanding that it's only a request and may not be honored but we will check on it as soon as possible after boarding and request we be moved to a table for four if that isn't what we've been assigned.

You are correct. They will make a notation as to which size table you request if you ask during booking, but they won't make you any promises until you actually board the ship. Table assignments aren't made until the day of embarkation.

Most people recommend that, if you're worried about it, go check out the MDR table assignments as soon as you board, and then talk to the maitre d' if you aren't happy with what they gave you. They will almost always try to accomodate you, unless maybe the ship is totally full.

Most people recommend that, if you're worried about it, go check out the MDR table assignments as soon as you board, and then talk to the maitre d' if you aren't happy with what they gave you.

This is very common. In fact - several times when we have gone to check our table assignment shortly after boarding there was already a line of people waiting to talk to the maitre d' and see their table.

Archived