Carnival Victory Tips & General Carnival Tips

airlinerob

The one main tip I have is to beware of the seahorses in the stairways! :eek:

Too funny-one of my cabinmates kept bumping into them, so she took a photo on the last day, to remember the seahorses.

I agree the Cosol tour is fabulous. We took that tour on a different trip in 2008. When we stopped in St. Lucia 2010-on Victory, we were waiting for our Treetop Zipline tour bus excursion(also fantastic) and saw our former Cosol tour guide, Baptist-he came over put his arm around us. It was great to see him again-if not the ziplining I would definitely do Cosol again.

My review for May was posted. The Victory was great-love the updates since the first cruise I went on her. I could go on more, but I would simply be repeating what I put in my cruise review.

I love the Victory. The most important thing to remember on this cruise is to pace yourself. We like late dining in the MDR, but there were a couple of days we almost didn't make it to dinner because we were so worn out from the sun and day trips.

Private excursions are the way to go and you can find many great recommendations if you ask around your roll call, or read some of the more active ones.

The ship can be a little confusing to navigate to the main dining room at first and the seahorses will definitely jump out and bite you, but I like the decor. There isn't anything I don't like about the Victory, actually! Since the days are so busy it isn't uncommon for the ship to be fairly quiet at night.

I have a question about the 12 bottle soda limit.

If we boarded in San Juan, with a 12 pack of soda... theoretically, we could get off the ship, go to Walgreens or CVS and buy 12 more and come back on? Or do they keep track?

Now that is a good question and I would like to know that as well for wine's sake.

Anybody know?

Can you keep the wine in your room or only have it served in the dining room?

You can keep it in your room. Lots of people wander up to the dining room with a glass of wine already in their hand. The room steward will generally arrange ice and glasses for you once he sees the bottle (if you're going over the limit, leave the others in your suitcase...).

• 1 month later...
You can keep it in your room. Lots of people wander up to the dining room with a glass of wine already in their hand. The room steward will generally arrange ice and glasses for you once he sees the bottle (if you're going over the limit, leave the others in your suitcase...).

So the rooms don't have refrigerators? Are there ice machines near by, like in hotels? Or do we depend on our room stewards to bring us ice?

Please send me information of NON sponsored tours at any of the Victory ports. We leave Dec. 4.

Thanks

Check on the port of call boards. There are many recommendations

for tours you can book on your own. You can book ahead of time or

get an idea what you want to do and negotiate with the drivers at the

ports.

We loved the Victory and are headed on our 4th cruise in February.

Archived