Political sitiuation Septmeber Israel/Palestine

57thny

Here's an update following the UN speeches today. Let's hope things stay quiet.

9/23/2011: IDF braces for mass West Bank protests ahead of Palestinian statehood bid at UN

"While the IDF has no indication that violence will erupt, it worries that PA President Mahmoud Abbas' address at the UN General Assembly today could inflame tempers...The Islamist Hamas organization has declared today a "day of rage," but the IDF believes Hamas lacks the infrastructure to foment widespread disturbances in the West Bank. ...The police will also be on high alert today, especially in Jerusalem and the north and along the "seam" between Israel and the West Bank.

http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/idf-braces-for-mass-west-bank-protests-ahead-of-palestinian-statehood-bid-at-un-1.386141

Travel Bug,

Bow is just outside of Concord.

I don't know what the Voyager ports are at this time. I do know that the Vision had two days in Haifa and two in Ashdod with the cruise that is to return to Istanbul tomorrow and they DID make it to both ports. I'm not getting on the ship until tomorrow and our ports only include 1 Haifa and 2 Ashdod but obviously I'm hoping things will remain quiet so we will be able to make them.

Cathy in New Hampshire

More bad news is looming.

10/4/2011:Israel Police on high alert as clashes ensue following mosque arson

"Security forces disperse youth in Tuba-Zanghariyya after 'price tag' arson of local mosque; ...police bracing for Israeli Arab revenge attacks as well as acts of settler violence over holidays....Police are concerned that Israeli Arabs will carry out revenge attacks in the wake of the arson, and also fear acts by Jewish extremists will spark further agitation and violence during the upcoming holidays, particularly in cities with mixed Jewish-Arab populations. "

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/israel-police-on-high-alert-as-clashes-ensue-following-mosque-arson-1.388057

Archived