Literally just off the Infinity 8/5...

ABECruiser

I figured I'd post a "just got back" and say it was amazing and maybe I can help answer any questions for people that are about to go. We had amazing weather (the week prior it rained every day and hard...this past week for us we only had rain in downtown Juneau when we got there.) The Captain said the currents in Juneau were the strongest he had ever seen in all the years he had been sailing Alaska (they set some kind of record with the strength...it took an additional 30 minutes to dock the ship.) I plan on writing my review relatively soon while it's all pretty fresh in my head but I'll have to etch out some time to do so.

We were first time cruisers and we really enjoyed it. We'll certainly cruise again with Celebrity! There were 9 of us altogether in 5 cabins and we had a slew of different excursions and activities on and off the boat so we were busy beavers.

Thanks to everyone who helped me get prepped for the cruise!

I figured I'd post a "just got back" and say it was amazing and maybe I can help answer any questions for people that are about to go. We had amazing weather (the week prior it rained every day and hard...this past week for us we only had rain in downtown Juneau when we got there.) The Captain said the currents in Juneau were the strongest he had ever seen in all the years he had been sailing Alaska (they set some kind of record with the strength...it took an additional 30 minutes to dock the ship.) I plan on writing my review relatively soon while it's all pretty fresh in my head but I'll have to etch out some time to do so.

We were first time cruisers and we really enjoyed it. We'll certainly cruise again with Celebrity! There were 9 of us altogether in 5 cabins and we had a slew of different excursions and activities on and off the boat so we were busy beavers.

Thanks to everyone who helped me get prepped for the cruise!

Welcome back!! Glad you and your party had such a terrific time. I am dying for a review....I've even resorted to trolling around on the other cruiseline's boards looking for some Alaska reviews......

I'm a little over a month out and I have been planning this trip for about a year........I am totally beside myself!!!!!!!!

Happy to hear you had a great first time cruise. You made a good choice.

Did you happen to bring home with you the "Spotlight" which gives the names of officers on board? Can you tell me who the captain, hotel director, and cruise director were? Thanks so much!!

Anne

We'll be sailing on Infinity on 8/26 doing the Inside Passage...sooo excited!! Can anyone tell me how formal the MDR for dinner is? I read somewhere that the Alaska cruise is not as formal as the other destinations but not sure if that is true or not. Hubby isn't sure what to pack.

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

Lynn

We will be sailing the Infinity on 09/26/11 through the Panama Canal on a 17 day cruise. I know this ship is scheduled for a massive overhaul in a few months, and was told that many things are broken awaiting the major overhaul. Did you notice anything broken, malfunctioning, or not working? Was all the spa equipment working, elevators, pools, etc.? How did you feel the overall condition of the ship was? Obviously with the ship still in use, they can’t let the Infinity deteriorate too much.

Did you happen to bring home with you the "Spotlight" which gives the names of officers on board? Can you tell me who the captain, hotel director, and cruise director were? Thanks so much!

At that time,

• Michail Margaritis was Master
  • Julian Brackenbury was Hotel Director
  • Steve Gayda was Cruise Director

Contrary to perception or rumor that "many things are broken awaiting the major overhaul", that couldn't be further from my experience... In some respects, I think that Infinity is in some need of the facelift scheduled for later this year--to freshen her up a bit/make her more contemporary [i've been aboard Constellation since her dry dock]--but she is clean, is lovingly maintained, has hardly fallen into disrepair, and still offers a great cruise experience [this was my second time aboard since April] with good food and impeccable service...

At that time,

• Michail Margaritis was Master
  • Julian Brackenbury was Hotel Director
  • Steve Gayda was Cruise Director

Contrary to perception or rumor that "many things are broken awaiting the major overhaul", that couldn't be further from my experience... In some respects, I think that Infinity is in some need of the facelift scheduled for later this year--to freshen her up a bit/make her more contemporary [i've been aboard Constellation since her dry dock]--but she is clean, is lovingly maintained, has hardly fallen into disrepair, and still offers a great cruise experience [this was my second time aboard since April] with good food and impeccable service...

Thank you so much for responding. It is very much appreciated.

Anne

• 2 weeks later...

ABE

Looking at the Infinity for next summer with 2 teens.

What was the setup with the pools since the main pool is not covered - did teens/kids have the ability to use the adults only covered pool/hot tubs at any speciifc times during the day on the cooler ports. I know the first day out or two out may work but after that I know it gets quite chilly!

Thanks

Archived