Gem-NY-PreCruise Hotel Secaucus NJ?

acadran

Has anyone stayed or are going to stay at any of the Secaucus hotels: Embassy Sts, Hilton Garden Inn or LaQuinta. You can apparently leave your car in their parking lots. Has anyone done this? Is it safe? Will our car be there when we get back? lol

Has anyone stayed or are going to stay at any of the Secaucus hotels: Embassy Sts, Hilton Garden Inn or LaQuinta. You can apparently leave your car in their parking lots. Has anyone done this? Is it safe? Will our car be there when we get back? lol

Haven't done that myself, but being from the area, what you want to ask is if the lot is gated requring some type of key or token to get out of, and if the entrance/exit is in view of the front desk, or even if they have security patrolling (unlikely there). Some of the better options that are like that are the lots around the airport, and then you would have the benefit of multiple transportation options into New York City. There are also cheap private lots around the airport that defintely are secure (valet your car to the pickup point, etc).

It also depends on how nice or in demand your car would be - my 12 year old minivan would be safe, I'm sure!

These hotels look to have outdoor open lots. There close to the new meadowlands stadium ( Giants / Jets ) Another option is the Jersey city hotels with parking garages w/ attendant but not sure if you can leave your vehicle. Westin , doubletree , and I can't think of the other. Close to Holland or Lincoln tunnel.

You also didn't say how you're getting to cruise pier , car service ?

Hope this helps .

Archived