Help me choose - Carnival or RCCL

daisy48624

I am trying to decide on a 1st time cruise for March 2006. Carnival Miracle or RCCL Legend of the Seas? Both iteneraries are identical and the prices are the same. They both depart from Tampa as well. I just need to decide whihc cruise line. Husband and I are both in our mid 20's. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

I honestly think you'd be extremely happy with either choice... I'm afraid I'm not much help... there is no bad decision! I've been on Carnival in my 20's and 30's, and had an absolute blast... but I have lots of friends who go RCCL and it sounds as if they're almost identical. You said the prices are the same... maybe one gives you a better stateroom location? or has a shore excursion you'd prefer? Are the times in port the same length?

I'd choose the Miracle because it's a newer ship. Haven't sailed the Legend, but have sailed on the Miracle in October from Baltimore and it was our very first cruise. We had a Cat. 8a and the cabin was full of storage space and thick, terry bathrobes were provided. The bed was extremely comfortable with a duvet rather than a bedspread. The food was excellent and the entire ship was white-glove clean. Nick & Nora's (the supper club) is a must do. We booked a two-top in the dining room with no problem at all.

You can choose to participate in all of the activities or simply do your own thing. We always found solitude, whether it was on our cabin balcony or on the top deck away from the pool. We had room service breakfast with 2 carafes of coffee every single morning on the balcony. What a great way to ease into your day!

Our next two booked cruises will be on RCI. Then, I'll be able to do some comparison. Whatever you choose, you'll have a fabulous time. Good luck! ;)

p.s. We're much older than you!

Archived