First time Cruise, HELP

caribbeanchickie

Hi all,

Hubby and I are going on our first cruise. :D We sail from Miami on the Navigator of the seas April 30. If anyone can give us, tips, hints, info, what to expect? Prices of drinks? Hotels in Miami close to the port? :confused: What is not included in our price?

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much

HAPPY EASTER :)

Purr_30

Michelle

Hi, Michelle, this is Michelle!

You are in for a treat. Cruising is fantastic!

Some things that are not included are your alcoholic drinks, pop (you are from Canada, so you know what I mean!), spa treatments, and photographs.

What is included: meals, (and if you want more or something different after you have tried something, you can do that!) activities, shows, fun, relaxation and the best pampering you have had since you were a baby!

Enjoy!

but there are MANY of them here on the boards! I'm a first time cruiser, too (leaving in 58 days!) but I have LITERALLY learned more than my travel agent knows about cruises by reading these boards for the past few months.

my first suggestion would be to make yourself comfortable with the other boards...particularly the Royal Caribbean board, the "Ask A Cruise Question" board and the boards regarding your ports of call. If you have anything specific you're looking for, do a "search" (at the top of your screen) and I'm sure there will be lots of posts that can answer general questions. Otherwise, fire away the inquiries...there are plenty of people here willing to help.

Questions specifically regarding the Navigator, I'd pop over to the Royal Caribbean board and sift through the posts there. Hotels in Miami...there are TONS, most people do "priceline" and get awesome deals on some of the nicer ones in the area (check out the "Hotels, Pre-Post Cruise" board for more). As far as what's not included in your price...spa treatments, possibly the reservations-only supper club (versus the standard dining room), a lot of the private "lessons" (golf comes to mind), drinks (with a few exceptions, which I *think* varies from cruiseline to cruiseline, check out Royal Caribbean for more info on that), excursions, some after dinner beverages (again, depending on the cruiseline), tips (varying from cruiseline to cruiseline, again). Basically, the things that ARE included are the port charges/taxes, stateroom, meals in the dining room, most/if not all of the lectures/contests/games, room service, housekeeping.

good luck finding your answers and planning the rest of your trip. you'll learn a LOT on these boards...let me tell you, it's a nice feeling to go into something you've never done before being prepared.

hope that helps.

Thank You sooooooooo much to everyone who has posted with answers to my questions. I am so overwhelmed with all the info. Where do i begin?

Yep, I am nervous and have no idea how I am going to deal with being on a ship in the middle of the ocean for 7 days. Yes we do have stops but, I am still really nervous. Will I get sea sickness? OMG, :eek: I guess I should stock up on Gravol? Or if anyone has a better suggestion, I am all ears.

Has anyone been on the Western Caribbean Cruise with NOS?

Take care

Michelle

Archived