Help in Itxtapa and PV

kate564

Hi Everyone I am on the NCL star right now and they screwed me out of a shore excursion that I thought I had signed up on line for over a month ago If you have good ideas please help us they are not doing it here.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katie

For Puerta Vallarta, one can take a taxi (costing about 5.00-6.00 dollars) to go to the Malecon beach boardwalk, and ask to be dropped at the Seahorse Statue (2.5 miles from pier). The Yellow Nissan taxi is a good one...The ship will give you a map of this town area where there are shops and restaurants (Senor Frog's, the Shrimp Factory, Carlos O'Brians, The Blue Shrimp etc...). There is also a nice historic cathedral 3 blocks from the beach corner of Zaragoza and Hidalgo. We had a nice time walking on the Malecon beach board, tooked photos with a lot statues/art work along this boardwalk... We also went to Mismaloya beach (where the Night of the Iguana was filmed), and Los Arcos, about another 10-15 minutes drive from town...We ended our day at Hotel Krystal Vallarta, walking distance from the pier, had great ceviche there by the pool and beach...When you walk in the hotel lobby, just say you are a cruise passenger, and ask direction to go to the pool/restaurant area. This beachfront hotel welcomes cruise passengers...

For Ixtapa, one can walk/take a short cab ride to the touristy/party places (beachfront-Carlos and Charlie' s, Senor Frogs, and nearby shopping)...One can also take a cab (15 minutes ride) to Zihuatanejo, a near by fishing village that is less touristy. Can have lunch at a clifftop hotel "La Casa Que Canta" where the movie "When a Man Loves a Woman" was filmed and which offers breathtaking views of the bay there...Playa La Ropa or Playa Palmar in Zihuatanejo has great sandy beach and clean/tranquil water. Lots of water sports too...

Have fun!

Archived