3-5 nights----------£85-------------------£70

6-9 nights----------£150-----------------£135

10+ nights---------£220-----------------£200

Diamond Plus & Pinnacle

3-5 nights---------£100-----------------£85

6-9 nights---------£165-----------------£150

10+ nights--------£235-----------------£220

Hi Liz

Can your discounts apply to either brand then? We will be Diamond after March 2012 (through RCCL) and then sailing on Celebrity for our next cruise which we will only have 5 points with so would we get our diamond discount on celebrity as well or will we just get the select discount?

Confused!

Karen

Liz

If I move up a tier can I get an adjustment to my price with the increased discount. e.g In October I will become Emerald. I have a cruise booked for next October with Platinum discount. After this years cruise will they adjust the discount?

Liz

If I move up a tier can I get an adjustment to my price with the increased discount. e.g In October I will become Emerald. I have a cruise booked for next October with Platinum discount. After this years cruise will they adjust the discount?

Hi John

It is best that you call your TA/RCCL when you become Emerald and let them know your change in status and they will then adjust your discount for your next cruise and should then send you a new invoice :D

Hi Liz

Can your discounts apply to either brand then? We will be Diamond after March 2012 (through RCCL) and then sailing on Celebrity for our next cruise which we will only have 5 points with so would we get our diamond discount on celebrity as well or will we just get the select discount?

Confused!

Karen

Hi Karen

Sorry but Celebrity doesn't give balcony discounts.

Hi John

It is best that you call your TA/RCCL when you become Emerald and let them know your change in status and they will then adjust your discount for your next cruise and should then send you a new invoice :D

Thanks Liz. That was what I intended to do. A few pounds in my pocket is better than in theres.

Hi Karen

Sorry but Celebrity doesn't give balcony discounts.

Now that is a shame as it seems to be all Celebrity that we are booked with in 2012 (well after Navigator from Fll in March)! Oh well, if they ever ask for suggestions on how to make things better at =X=, I'll add this to the pot!

Karen

Thanks Liz. That was what I intended to do. A few pounds in my pocket is better than in theres.

You are welcome John ...oh and don't forget when you become Emerald to log into your C&A account and choose your beverage(juice,coke,water etc) for your Welcome Basket.:D

Now that is a shame as it seems to be all Celebrity that we are booked with in 2012 (well after Navigator from Fll in March)! Oh well, if they ever ask for suggestions on how to make things better at =X=, I'll add this to the pot!

Karen

Celebrity do some sort of category upgrades...I think Inside to Outside cabins or something like that. :confused:

I haven't sailed Celebrity (apart from Equinox Naming Cruise) so I have to admit I am not really up to speed on how exactly they work but I do know they don't give balcony discounts like RCCL do.

Liz

I can confirm this is possible, I was platinum when I booked my next cruise and turned emerald after a cruise in June/July this year. Called up a few weeks ago and the adjustment was made by the C&A rep over the phone.

• 4 weeks later...

I wish I had known about the balcony discount earlier in the year.

Apparently, in the UK we only get the discount if we know about it and get the TA to agree to give it.:(

I have only just found that, as I am Emerald in C & A, I should have received a £70 discount off my 7 day sailing earlier this year. I don't think the TA (whom I have used several times) even asked for my C & A number.

I enquired about this the other day and the TA said the price I paid was the price I agreed to at the time of booking and no adjustments would have been made to it subsequently.

I have received an email from the Crown and Anchor Society saying:

"The balcony discount has to be requested by the travel agent. It does not

get applied automatically as the agent has to approve this as it effects

their commission. If the agent does not ask for the discount then it does

not get applied I'm afraid".So it's not an automatic benefit and in the UK you can only get it if you know about it and your TA agrees at time of booking.

Best of luck getting your TA to revise your pricing on an existing booking.

I can confirm this is possible, I was platinum when I booked my next cruise and turned emerald after a cruise in June/July this year. Called up a few weeks ago and the adjustment was made by the C&A rep over the phone.

If this was done with the C&A rep then presumably the booking was one direct with the cruise line not through a TA. If this is the case then I'm not surprised it went OK. Problems arise with a TA not wanting to lose some of their commission by reducing a price and in the UK it's the TA who has taken your money not the cruise line. This is different in the US where it's the cruise line not the TA who take the money and the discounts appear to be applied automatically.

Archived