Ms. T

Just called Carnival customer services was told the following:

liquor 3.95-4.95

Wine 4.25-4.95

Beer 3.75

Soda 1.50

snacks 1.25-6.99

minibar will be restocked twice a day with restocking fee of 15%

no one could tell me what the whole contents would cost. if very thing was consumed. smh

countdown.pl?image=Beach-9&name=&date=12-11-2011&text=I"]

[/url]

I'm surprised that she quoted you a price for snacks. I've been on 23 Carnival cruises and don't ever recall any kind of snacks being in the fridge????

I don't think they are stocked very well. Sometimes we have an assortment of liqours sometimes just 1 or 2. Most of the time we don't have wines.

To the PP questioning customization. I don't think that is something that you could call and request in advance, but I would certainly ask your room steward to customize it for you.

I always keep a very close eye on the charges on my S&S card because more than once the steward has charged me for something I didn't use. (He said he just got the rooms confused) And on the last evening or afternoon, I make sure to have him confirm that I haven't used anything other than what I've already been charged for and I have him lock the box right then.

Just called Carnival customer services was told the following:

liquor 3.95-4.95

Wine 4.25-4.95

Beer 3.75

Soda 1.50

snacks 1.25-6.99

minibar will be restocked twice a day with restocking fee of 15%

no one could tell me what the whole contents would cost. if very thing was consumed. smh

countdown.pl?image=Beach-9&name=&date=12-11-2011&text=I%27m%20So%20Excited%21%21&ship=Carnival%20Pride"]

[/url]

:eek: On top of the astronomical prices, there is a 15% restocking fee? That's ridiculous.

:eek: On top of the astronomical prices, there is a 15% restocking fee? That's ridiculous.

The prices are about what I'd expect - and the restocking fee is in place of the gratuity you'd pay if ordered at a bar.

Astronomical prices? They are comparable to ordering from a bar onboard (if I am not mistaken, exactly the same prices).

You are right. The same price as any drink that you purchase throughout the ship.

The 15% is actually the gratuity of what you consume. ?????

Which is added to all drinks purchased on board. So.....remember that you do not need to tip the bar persons because it is already added to your bill. Unless they go above and beyond, of course. But, I think 15% is enough for them to do their best for you.

My DH is a diet coke person. Only because they do not have pepsi products. But he B----es about the cost on board. I have to remind him that if he can't afford the extra couple of dollars for a soda, then he should not be on the cruise. He smiles and pays the price!!!

I forgot.....

The last time we cruised, someone in our group took their own soda on board because Carnival did not have it. The room steward removed articles from the fridge to make room for their soda. Not charged at all.

We also had some items removed to put our champagne in the fridge.

Not a problem at all.

You are right. The same price as any drink that you purchase throughout the ship.

Which is added to all drinks purchased on board. So.....remember that you do not need to tip the bar persons because it is already added to your bill. Unless they go above and beyond' date=' of course. But, I think 15% is enough for them to do their best for you.

My DH is a diet coke person. Only because they do not have pepsi products. But he B----es about the cost on board. I have to remind him that if he can't afford the extra couple of dollars for a soda, then he should not be on the cruise. He smiles and pays the price!!![/quote']

He can bring his own Pepsi on board- they only search for beer, vodka & other spirits when you board!

Which is added to all drinks purchased on board. So.....remember that you do not need to tip the bar persons because it is already added to your bill. Unless they go above and beyond' date=' of course. But, I think 15% is enough for them to do their best for you.

My DH is a diet coke person. Only because they do not have pepsi products. But he B----es about the cost on board. I have to remind him that if he can't afford the extra couple of dollars for a soda, then he should not be on the cruise. He smiles and pays the price!!![/quote']

You can carry on a 12 pack each of soda.

Archived