Anything for a 2 year old to do in Belize

NY cruiser 75

We are thinking of sailing the Carnival Liberty next year and one of the stops is Belize. I'm looking at the shore excursions that Carnival offers and almost all of them have a minimum age of 3 years old. Is there anything to do with a 2 year old? Is it even worth it for me to get off the ship? I've been to Belize before and have gone cave tubing, my husband and 7 year old son will most likely be doing the airboat and city tour. Thanks.

Sorry, really not. No nearby beaches and tours over rough roads aren't kid friendly. If you're okay with it, leave the baby in the ship's kids camp and join your hubby and 7 year old. Even the city tour might be a bit on the boring side or the older child. River Wallace Altun Ha or even cave-tubing again could be more interesting.

I too have to think of the 2 yr old...

I am not comfortable leaving my children in camp c while I am on an excursion.

DH, DS and myself want to cave tube. I think my parents are going to the ruins; I am hopeful they will take DS and DD with them :)

• 1 month later...

YES!

I took my son (then on the Goff's Caye snorkeling trip....because he didn't have to snorkel. The boat pulls up to the dock and you can get off on this tiny island and spend your time. If both parents are there, you can take turns snorkeling right from shore - and it is pretty good.

My son had great fun playing at the edge of the water, finding shells, hermit crabs and watching little fish. We took his floaty vest so he go to swim some too.

Google Goff's Caye and you will find some beautiful pictures of this tiny island.

Archived