Boarding in Barabdos for Non-Brits

MissKIA

Is it possible to start your cruise in Barbados rather than San Juan? I know that is what Brits normally do, but can anyone do this, or is it only available to Brits? My Dad wants to spend a week in Barbados and then take a 7 day cruise from there but we are Canadian. Is this possible?

Is it possible to start your cruise in Barbados rather than San Juan? I know that is what Brits normally do, but can anyone do this, or is it only available to Brits? My Dad wants to spend a week in Barbados and then take a 7 day cruise from there but we are Canadian. Is this possible?

Yes, anyone can book it. Bear in mind the cabin selection is limited.

found this on the faq, might be helpful

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/faqs/archive/2010/04/08/what-should-i-consider-when-booking-a-cruise-to-barbados.aspx

Here are a few things to take into consideration when booking your Carnival cruise vacation to Barbados:

Pre-paid gratuities are required and automatically added at booking

Air supplements, cruise-only transfers and pre/post hotel packages are not offered

The Vacation Protection Plan (VPP) is not offered

Travel Documentation - For those guests who are beginning and ending their trip in Barbados, or are "in transit" (taking a flight at the Grantley Adams International Airport), it is a requirement that you possess a valid passport

Check-in Procedure

Guests may check-in after the ship has cleared upon arrival and up to 30 minutes prior to departure.

Guests must show the ship security officer their cruise documents and then proceed to the Information Purser's Desk for check-in.

Debarkation - Guests should allow sufficient time for Customs clearance; the recommended out bound air flight should be no earlier than 2:00 PM.

• 1 month later...

This is my first time on the Victory and my first time sailing from "home". It should be interesting boarding in the "middle" of one cruise and then having the cruise "begin" half-way thru.

Is there anyone who has done this and had no regrets not joining the cruise with the majority?

Still excited in any case - 23 days and counting!!

Archived