Caribbean Sail to Christmas & Honeymoon Coves

bjtomko

I am interested in doing this excursion. However, the duration is 6 hours. If you have been on this excursion, first how was it and second are there facilities to use? I don’t think I can hold it for 6 hours and I am not the type to use the water.

One more question... if you have done the excursion "Destination St. John: Coastal Cruise of National Park Beaches" can you comment on your experience? Now I am torn between these.

Heck, even if you have not done it would you recommend a first-time cruiser stay on St. Maarten or explore St. John?

• 4 months later...

We did the Caribbean Sail to Christmas and Honeymoon Coves excursion on RCI in November. It was fantastic. The snorkeling was fantastic at Christmas cove (big sea turtles) and then they take you to Honeymoon cove for a picnic lunch. We all had a blast - and I cannot say enough about the crew of the Bones who were very accommodating for our 5 and 9 year olds. They even let them drive the boat!! It was such a fun and memorable day and I would go again without hesitation. And to answer your question, there is a bathroom on the boat!

We did the Caribbean Sail to Christmas and Honeymoon Coves excursion on RCI in November. It was fantastic. The snorkeling was fantastic at Christmas cove (big sea turtles) and then they take you to Honeymoon cove for a picnic lunch. We all had a blast - and I cannot say enough about the crew of the Bones who were very accommodating for our 5 and 9 year olds. They even let them drive the boat!! It was such a fun and memorable day and I would go again without hesitation. And to answer your question, there is a bathroom on the boat!

We, and a whole group of friends, did the "Bones Cruise" to Christmas cove and Honeymoon beach. I will absolutely reiterate - we, too, had a blast!! The crew were great and had a raucous, fantastic, plainly awesome time!!

• 3 weeks later...

We did this trip to Christmas & Honeymoon Coves in September. It was a wonderful day :) They have a bathroom on the boat and also in Honeymoon Cove when you have a picnic lunch.

The crew was excellent and very interactive. They gave us all tattoos and plenty of "Pain Killers." For the price of $99 for 6 hours I felt it was definitely worth the money. It was a great day.

Edited by SuchAVirgo

We did this trip to Christmas & Honeymoon Coves in September. It was a wonderful day :) They have a bathroom on the boat and also in Honeymoon Cove when you have a picnic lunch.

The crew was excellent and very interactive. They gave us all tattoos and plenty of "Pain Killers." For the price of $99 for 6 hours I felt it was definitely worth the money. It was a great day.

Curious, where did your get on the excursion? Just wondering if you had to taxi to Red Hook or leave from Havensight.

Curious, where did your get on the excursion? Just wondering if you had to taxi to Red Hook or leave from Havensight.

We met our group on the pier right outside of our ship. We then walked as a big group around a fence towards "Bones." It was a kinda far walk for early morning. When we came back there was a trolly waiting and he took us all back.

I am thinking about this excursion as well Just wondering if it is difficult to get to the beach at Honeymoon cove? I do not swim well and not sure if I will do well if I have to get in the water and swim to the beach.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Could someone please comment on the likelihood of getting seasick while taking this excursion?

I am thinking about booking the Christmas and Honeymoon Cove excursion through the cruise ship. Since I have two young children (8 and 5), I want to make sure the ride is not too bumpy for them.

I understand it is subject to weather and other unpredictable conditions. But I am just trying to get a sense of the overall experience from people who have taken it.

Thanks in advance for the help.

CM

The day before us there were 10 people who got sick and we were told they had bad waves.

We were in 3 foot and were bobbing up and down like a roller coaster at times. I thought it was fun. There were 4 folks sick on our boat.

This is an inner ear thing and has nothing to do with age. If your children are motion/car sick easy I would suggest this would not be the best.

The cruise is about 30-45 minutes to the snorkeling spot. This was the worst of it was for us. Then 1 hour here where you don't have to get in if you don't want to and the boat is anchored. Then you sail over to Water Island which takes 30-45 minutes. Again, this could be bad. You stay at Water Island for 2 hours and then sail back in super calm waters (marina area).

One couple left our ship to head back on a sister ship because they were sick. Our crew suggested that they should have stayed with us because the sail back would have been longer than our remaining sail to Water Island and they would have been able to enjoy the rest of the excursion.

• 2 weeks later...