Shoppers' Guide Show: Day 2 of a Caribbean Cruise

This is quite tongue and cheek, but has truths to it.

My wife and I got back from our honeymoon cruise on July 30th on Explorer of the Seas. On day two, Shanee and Mark host a gathering to show were to find the best deals on jewelry and add a little on cheap liquor. I get it that Caribbean Islands like St. Maarten and St. Thomas are great or "bargain" expensive jewelry shopping, but c'mon. Shanee and Mark are great people and take a detailed approach to showing people where to get "bargains" but knocking $2,000 off of a piece of jewelry and it still being $1,000 isn't much of a bargain. I understand that there are cruisers who can afford diamonds, gold etc at these prices. Go for it. I won't fault you, nor do I have the right to fault you for buying whatever you want with your money. You busted your butts to earn it. Spend it as you please. But a "we" ring on the left hand, needs a "me" ring on the right??? ...Hey hey hey now. There are two "we" rings on that left hand and "me" is still paying out the wazzu for one of them and the other one is worth two and a half of my "we" ring. "You" have $11,000 on your "we" hand. I have a thousand at best on mine. You have enough on the left hand for "we" and "me." :p

Show me some places for other stuff: good chackees (sp?) to clutter my house with to remember my trip to the islands with, places for t-shirts, hats, quality souvenirs etc.

Just some fun and an observation. Keep doing what you Mark and Shanee!!! :)

Bart :)

She was on the Explorer from 7/21-7/30. I dunno if she and her husband are still there. My post was mostly a joke. Just some things that I observed and was thinking as I sat through the show. I missed a lecture on the history of the Bermuda Triangle for it.

Not cool with the idea of a "me" ring. I spent a small fortune (to me at least) on my wife's engagement ring. That ring should be "me" enough for her. :D

Archived