Don't mind my duhness but what exactly is a cabin crawl?

luvmysox1

You get people who are willing to be hosts, preferably in different cabin types (IS, OV, Balcony, Suite, etc) and everyone strolls to all the cabins. Say one cabin is open from 12:30 to 1:00, then the next one is from 1:00 to 1:30 and so on. The hosts may choose to offer shots to visitors, or some sort of small gift or something. Some people incorporate a poker run into it, where each participant pays $5 or something and draws a card at each cabin and the best poker hand at the end wins the pot. It's a lot of fun.

single's cruises and other theme groups often have a cabin crawl. the problem is the cabin crawl can get 100+ people jammed in a hallway partying. large groups need to think things out a bit and be considerate to the other passengers.

We restrict ours to a max of 40 participants. If we have more we break it up into groups starting 30 minutes apart. It's pretty easy to pick up hosts as everyone has a great time. We try to have about 7 hosts per group of 40...

:)

We restrict ours to a max of 40 participants. If we have more we break it up into groups starting 30 minutes apart. It's pretty easy to pick up hosts as everyone has a great time. We try to have about 7 hosts per group of 40...

:)

Mach, how do they normally work? What do u do in the cabins in ur experience?

I can't imagine inviting a bunch of strangers into my cabin.

It's usually people you've been chatting with in the roll call and met at the meet and greet. Most friends start out as strangers. In fact, I'd venture to say all friends started out as strangers.

This will be our third year doing a cabin crawl. Ours is not so much to view other categories of cabins ... it's a variation of a pub crawl without the worry of having to drive home afterwards.

We usually travel with a group of 30-40 people. Each cabin offers a 'shot' and we wander from cabin to cabin looking forward to the creativity of each host. At the end of our cruise we give awards for Best Tasting Shot and Most Creative Delivery of a Shot.

Examples of Best Tasting were - German Chocolate Cake Shot and Peanut Butter and Jelly Shot.

Most Creative Delivery - Rum and Coke from a squirt gun, jell-o shots from a syringe and salt rimmed mini-margarita glasses complete with a wedge of lime.

I already know someone this year is going to put Amaretto in a carved out strawberry topped with whipped creme.

It's loads of fun and we've been known actually crawl from one room to another for the sake of some good photographs!!

So, it's a hosted event when you offer your cabin, I thought a crawl was just "peeking" at different cabins:) Kind of out of touch, aren't I?:eek:

Its just what the majority decides to do. Ours was done right after slot pull. Its important to set them up at a time when the rooms will be made up :D

We started with the lowest deck and worked our way up to the highest deck.

Saw about 8 cabins, it was really nice. It ended with a Suite and they served drinks and had snacks.

We were in an out of most cabins in 5 mins.

Collect $5 from each person NOT Hosting.

HOST ROOM: 1. Sign the face of each

card - in the deck you will be given.

2. Need to provide the shot/alcohol, beer,

soda, etc for that round served in your cabin.

3. Give a drink to each person that visits your room.

4. When drank- let person select ONE random card

from the deck and sign their name on it right then.

5. After getting your card - proceed to the next room.

Save your glass (if any)/hold onto your cards.

6. Repeat until you have your five cards. At the last

room - person with the best hand wins $$$ in pot!

Worst hand gets their $5 back...

(Good way to see each others Cabins or Rooms)

PLAYERS: 1. Go from each Cabin/Room to the next,

getting your beer/shot/ at each one. Must finish drink

before collecting one playing card and signing it.

2. Proceed to the next room, Repeat.

3. At last room when everyone has 5 cards (must be

all signed) Person with best 5 card Poker hand

WINS $$ Pot!!! - NO SHARING CARDS

4. If you're still able to walk - time to PARTY!

You can also go from bar to bar if you dont want to do the cabins...

(Alternate may have to host if needed) Can do 5 cabins or 8 cabins and pick your best 5 cards for your poker hand...

(please have soda/juice available for those that don’t wish to drink)

Cards, pens and shot glasses will be provided to Host rooms. - please save glasses to be used in next rooms shot.

***Wait until everyone has their drink in each room and Host room has to do a toast before drinking!

I make a sheet with the cabin numbers for each shot in the order they are to be visited. Some people can get creative and make people all wear the same color when going the crawl or do t-shirts that say "if lost please return to cabin #______." We have so much fun going up and down the halls (when cabins are spread all over) that we get a lot of folks that want to join in on our fun. We play this on all our cruises and sometimes in the hotel before the cruise as well...ENJOY

This will be our third year doing a cabin crawl. Ours is not so much to view other categories of cabins ... it's a variation of a pub crawl without the worry of having to drive home afterwards.

We usually travel with a group of 30-40 people. Each cabin offers a 'shot' and we wander from cabin to cabin looking forward to the creativity of each host. At the end of our cruise we give awards for Best Tasting Shot and Most Creative Delivery of a Shot.

Examples of Best Tasting were - German Chocolate Cake Shot and Peanut Butter and Jelly Shot.

Most Creative Delivery - Rum and Coke from a squirt gun, jell-o shots from a syringe and salt rimmed mini-margarita glasses complete with a wedge of lime.

I already know someone this year is going to put Amaretto in a carved out strawberry topped with whipped creme.

It's loads of fun and we've been known actually crawl from one room to another for the sake of some good photographs!!

What a great explanation!...and can I cruise with you next time??? I see I am going to have to get way more creative!!!

Also some people decorate their rooms with different themes. If you don't have liquor you can have a bottle of wine to share with your guest. You are allowed to take wine onboard. Some host even order room service (cheese plate ect.) to have for the guest. I love the decorating part. There use to be lots of pics posted here but I couldn't find them. Anyone know where their at?

Archived