Anyone Stayed in Room 10000 on Gem?

perkydebrajean

I just booked my first cruise ever and we are leaving out next June on the Norwegian Gem. I've booked room #10000 and was wondering if anybody has stayed in that room or the equivalent on another deck and how was it?

I was reading a post from someone who stayed in room 9000 and because of being in the front of the ship, said that they couldn't open their balcony door while the ship was moving since it's a front room, only while it was in port. Just hoping that I didn't make a mistake by booking that suite.

Thanks everyone!:)

I was reading a post from someone who stayed in room 9000 and because of being in the front of the ship, said that they couldn't open their balcony door while the ship was moving since it's a front room, only while it was in port.

We have been in 9000 and 9504 on the Jewel, and we had no problem opening the door to the front balcony. And, we used the balcony in port and at sea, as well as day and night. While at sea, we did need to make sure the door from the hall was not open at the same time as the door to the balcony, otherwise there would be a rush of wind. At night, you just need to be careful about letting light from your cabin get to your balcony, which was not a problem. If a particular day was more windy, we found that we could still use the balcony - for less wind, we just sat/stood away from the railing and closer to the cabin.

We really enjoyed being in these cabins. Having a panoramic view in front and to the sides was great, as was the relative quietness of your own large outdoor space.

Good to hear. Someone was saying that there is a sign saying not to use the balcony on sea days. But one of the main reasons I wanted this room is to be able to sit out and enjoy the view. I was picturing myself out on the balcony with a cup of coffee and a good book on the 3 days at sea that we have!

The rep from NCL did tell me about the balcony light situation, and I had read it on a travel agents website as well. She told me that I can still use the balcony at night, just make sure that the blinds are closed to the room so that the light doesn't get out to the balcony.

Hmm, I did not see such a sign.

Before our first cruise, what I was most looking forward to was relaxing on the balcony with coffee during the day and wine at night. And, for both of the cruises, this was one of the highlights (appreciated even more so during sea days when the public sun decks were quite full).

Hmm, I did not see such a sign.

Before our first cruise, what I was most looking forward to was relaxing on the balcony with coffee during the day and wine at night. And, for both of the cruises, this was one of the highlights (appreciated even more so during sea days when the public sun decks were quite full).

The sign not to use the balcony at sea was located on the bulkhead door on the Jewel (room 9000) It didn't stop us from using the balcony while at sea. Just a note of caution. Do not open the bulkhead door and then proceed to open the cabin door while at sea(a bit drafty with both doors open). Keep the bulkhead door closed while you are enjoying the balcony during days at sea.

FEB2011CruiseVacation073-1.jpg

FEB2011CruiseVacation074-1.jpg

I just booked my first cruise ever and we are leaving out next June on the Norwegian Gem. I've booked room #10000 and was wondering if anybody has stayed in that room or the equivalent on another deck and how was it?

I was reading a post from someone who stayed in room 9000 and because of being in the front of the ship, said that they couldn't open their balcony door while the ship was moving since it's a front room, only while it was in port. Just hoping that I didn't make a mistake by booking that suite.

Thanks everyone!:)

We stayed in #10500 on the Pearl in 2008. #1000 is the mirror image of 10500.

014-1.jpg

011-1.jpg

• 9 months later...
We stayed in #10500 on the Pearl in 2008. #1000 is the mirror image of 10500.

014-1.jpg

011-1.jpg

Thank you also for the photos. One answers a deck concern I had about being able to see over the rail whil seated. It doesn't look like a problem..

Archived