Best Snorkel Gear?

torchd

2 season ago I bought a US Divers snorkel set. So far it has been amazing. But I dunno how it ranks with other snorkel equipment out there? One thing I did substitute out was the snorkel, I got the one where you go under the water, the little valve closes so no water gets in.

I hope I have more of that anti-fog stuff for the inside of the mask..

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Mine is a Speedo Dive set, and the snorkel has the valve on top plus a nice "blow out" at the bottom that's easier for blowing out any water.

Fins are on the big side, and I thought about getting a smaller "snorkel" set, but then when I was in the current and swell off the coast of Belize, I really appreciated the bigger fins.

Guess I could carry two sets of fins, but that seems like a lot of bother....

Mine is a Speedo Dive set, and the snorkel has the valve on top plus a nice "blow out" at the bottom that's easier for blowing out any water.

Fins are on the big side, and I thought about getting a smaller "snorkel" set, but then when I was in the current and swell off the coast of Belize, I really appreciated the bigger fins.

Guess I could carry two sets of fins, but that seems like a lot of bother....

I too have the little "blow out" valve at the bottom.. I will admitt that snorkel came in real handy!

I don't mind the big fins.. I'm a big dude; 6'1" at 210 lbs.. Could use all the power :cool:

Since I haven't used my snorkel gear since 2008, and after I used it in St. Thomas I rinsed it with regular water.. Is there anyhting that I need to do prior to my trip to "condition" anything?

2 season ago I bought a US Divers snorkel set. So far it has been amazing. But I dunno how it ranks with other snorkel equipment out there? One thing I did substitute out was the snorkel, I got the one where you go under the water, the little valve closes so no water gets in.

I hope I have more of that anti-fog stuff for the inside of the mask..

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Upgrade to some shorty fins, easier for travel. TREK is a good one

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?rlz=1C1SKPC_enUS370US421&q=trek+fins&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=4425629875687907894&sa=X&ei=SlRETterHdK1tgfO8uGuCQ&ved=0CGYQ8wIwAQ

Use baby shampoo on the inside of your mask, cheaper than anti fog

Upgrade to some shorty fins, easier for travel. TREK is a good one

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?rlz=1C1SKPC_enUS370US421&q=trek+fins&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=4425629875687907894&sa=X&ei=SlRETterHdK1tgfO8uGuCQ&ved=0CGYQ8wIwAQ

Use baby shampoo on the inside of your mask, cheaper than anti fog

I love my long fins.. The carry bag that it comes with, everything (mask, fins and snorkel) fits perfectly in my suitcase.. I have zero problems!

I love my long fins.. The carry bag that it comes with, everything (mask, fins and snorkel) fits perfectly in my suitcase.. I have zero problems!

We are at the point now that we can fly with just carry ons for a week or two, so the short fins are very handy for saving space. We can fit both our gear in one small backpack too, makes it very easy on excursions. The small size is also a lot easier to maneuver on and off the boats and in and out of the surf.

To each his own!:)

Archived