MSC Poesia Question

Kreader

Has anyone had a cabin on deck 12 on the Poesia,if so,was there much noise from the buffet restaurant above the cabin? I have an inside cabin at rear of ship,and I am a little concerned about possible noise. Thanks in advance for any replies!

Has anyone had a cabin on deck 12 on the Poesia,if so,was there much noise from the buffet restaurant above the cabin? I have an inside cabin at rear of ship,and I am a little concerned about possible noise. Thanks in advance for any replies!

We cruised the Poesia in feb. for the first time, we had the next to last inside cabin on 12.....12210....we loved it.......no noise, great location for us............we are in 12212 on our nov. cruise...........hope u enjoy as much as we did.

Thanks so much fo the info bjcanady! I am so relieved to hear you had no problem with noise! This will be my first MSC cruise,I am a little apprensive about going on this line because of all the bad reviews out there(including a recent one for Poesia). I am taking the chance because of great price for a single,and great itinerary for 14 night Canada/New England cruise. Did you enjoy the food,activities,and entertainment aboard this ship? Hope you will see this reply and answer it. Would love to hear positive comments about the food from anyone that has been on the Poesia!

Thanks so much fo the info bjcanady! I am so relieved to hear you had no problem with noise! This will be my first MSC cruise,I am a little apprensive about going on this line because of all the bad reviews out there(including a recent one for Poesia). I am taking the chance because of great price for a single,and great itinerary for 14 night Canada/New England cruise. Did you enjoy the food,activities,and entertainment aboard this ship? Hope you will see this reply and answer it. Would love to hear positive comments about the food from anyone that has been on the Poesia!

We loved everything about the Poesia, with that said, we don't do the dining room but were very happy with the buffet food, i have read on here that u can't get water, tea, coffee at times, we did not have that problem, it was all available every time we went up and we were very happy with the service, the crew, the staff, our fellow cruisers (altho it was in the caribbean very large percentage of europeans ) , it was very pleasant.

We cruise to dance and the dancing was wonderful, the musicans fantastic, large variety of music.....we don't however go to the shows (too busy dancing) but everyone that we talked to that did go enjoyed.

We are not new to cruising, since our first one in 1987 we have done 113 and have been on almost all cruise lines with the exception of Crystal, Silverseas, Cunard, ..........and this was our most enjoyable in the last 2 or 3 years.

On the subject of food......our travel agent is a young man from florida and travels often and has done several on Crystal etc., he loves MSC and it is one of his favorites for the dining.....

have also read many negatives about the crew, we thought they were great, they are not as outgoing as some lines but as soon as u smile and speak they respond quickly, we had a great time with them and excellent service.....

MSC is now our line of choice and can't see that changing in the near future, only complaint is that they are in the caribbean such a short time.

I too was apprehensive for our first cruise on MSC after reading the boards here but I have come to realise that no two people experience the same cruise. And it seems that the complainers complain loudly and more often than people who take things in their stride. I loved my cruises on MSC and I loved the food but I read some reviews of people on the same boat at the same time who loathed it ??????? cant work out why really. It seems to me that they compare MSC with American lines and want the same ?? maybe I'm wrong I do know that myself and my family found nothing to complain about. We loved the food and the atmosphere onboard. We felt we had a luxury holiday at a very good price. We are sailing with them again this year. ;) and will continue to do so. If you are worried about the food here are some sample menus http://www.msccruisesagent.com/menus.aspx. I have posted this link before but I think its a great resource and lets you know what to expect. I hope you enjoy your cruise as much as we did ours.

This is my first cruise on MSC comimg up in March.I have been on cruise critic for many years.Take all reviews with a grain of salt.People tend to amp up bad experiences and expect good .Many don't feel the need to share joy only problems.Also note any Roll Call board and you will see what a small % of people on CC is very small.Most ships go out relatively full.If the cruise line was that bad they would go out of business.They all depend on rebookings and referrals.Enjoy your cruise.

• 1 month later...

Your cruise is getting close...would love to know how you enjoyed when you return...we have now booked 3 for the caribbean this winter, we are hoping that MSC will increase their time in the caribbean for next year......

Hope that u have a fantabulous time.....

Had the most aft interior cabin and the one next door on the Poesia in March of this year. They were great cabins with no noise as the aft section of the buffet was not open for breakfast. It was a super location as there is a door that leads to an aft deck on 12 that was almost like our private balcony. There was rarely anyone there. The only bad part was the crew tied up the lounge chairs every evening. Needless to say, I untied one every morning to enjoy my coffee outside.

There is an outside set of stairs that leads up to the buffet on 13. Even when the aft portion of the buffet is closed the door is not locked so you can slip in to get a snack or an early morning coffee. There is also an aft seating area with round tables on 13 which is ideally located for eating el fresco. We often had our evening cocktail there too as the view was wonderful.

We had some problems on this ship but it was not because of the ship but due to a large group on board that was a PITA. Order wine packages in advance and bottled beer coupons too. They are both a bargain compared to other cruise lines. The ship is spotless, the food is good (but not great) and for the price we paid I was satisfied. MSC has a very different style of entertainment than other ships but the level of talent is actually better even if not always our style.

My favorite thing about MSC is that there are minimal announcements and they never bug you to buy drinks. Oh, and don't forget to try the $Gelatto at the pool bar. Worth every penny and more!

Had the most aft interior cabin and the one next door on the Poesia in March of this year. They were great cabins with no noise as the aft section of the buffet was not open for breakfast. It was a super location as there is a door that leads to an aft deck on 12 that was almost like our private balcony. There was rarely anyone there. The only bad part was the crew tied up the lounge chairs every evening. Needless to say, I untied one every morning to enjoy my coffee outside.

There is an outside set of stairs that leads up to the buffet on 13. Even when the aft portion of the buffet is closed the door is not locked so you can slip in to get a snack or an early morning coffee. There is also an aft seating area with round tables on 13 which is ideally located for eating el fresco. We often had our evening cocktail there too as the view was wonderful.

We had some problems on this ship but it was not because of the ship but due to a large group on board that was a PITA. Order wine packages in advance and bottled beer coupons too. They are both a bargain compared to other cruise lines. The ship is spotless, the food is good (but not great) and for the price we paid I was satisfied. MSC has a very different style of entertainment than other ships but the level of talent is actually better even if not always our style.

My favorite thing about MSC is that there are minimal announcements and they never bug you to buy drinks. Oh, and don't forget to try the $Gelatto at the pool bar. Worth every penny and more!

we agree with everything u said....we had 12210 on our feb. cruise and loved it...got 12212 for our nov. cruise but they were not available for our jan. and mar. cruises.....so we will just have to enjoy what we got......and we will....we really love the MSC style.....the lack of announcements all day, the fantastic music for dancing, the great dance schedule....the great crew and we loved the international mix of passengers........ready to do it all again.

we agree with everything u said....we had 12210 on our feb. cruise and loved it...got 12212 for our nov. cruise but they were not available for our jan. and mar. cruises.....so we will just have to enjoy what we got......and we will....we really love the MSC style.....the lack of announcements all day, the fantastic music for dancing, the great dance schedule....the great crew and we loved the international mix of passengers........ready to do it all again.

I'm ready too -and getting quite excited - not long now BJ

Thanks to all that responded to this thread! NIce to know I will not have to worry about noise above me. Nice hint about the outside stairs to the buffet-does anyone know does that staircase also go up to the disco? Nice to hear about the food too! I am still going with an open mind,but am now getting excited about this cruise! Will be going Oct. 8th,Canada/New England cruise so it may be a bit chilly outside on that deck. I will go out on the deck every morning to see what the weather is like!

Thanks to all that responded to this thread! NIce to know I will not have to worry about noise above me. Nice hint about the outside stairs to the buffet-does anyone know does that staircase also go up to the disco? Nice to hear about the food too! I am still going with an open mind,but am now getting excited about this cruise! Will be going Oct. 8th,Canada/New England cruise so it may be a bit chilly outside on that deck. I will go out on the deck every morning to see what the weather is like!

Yes, you can go up to the disco too. Go with an open mind, start with $Gelato early on and you will have nothing to complain about ;).

Bring a blanket to enjoy the deck on 12.

Archived