Question about Xunantunich tour in Belize

sp29488

This is our first time visting Belize and we have the Xuantunich tour booked with Carnival. Is it safe for us to bring our nice camera and for me to wear my wedding rings? I'm not trying to offend anyone with my question. Just need some advice since we've never been here. Thank you in advance for your help.

Thanks eveyone for your help. I'm really looking forward to this excursion and the cruise also. We've been to Grand Cayman and Cozumel several times (also part of our cruise Iten.) but not Belize or Isle Roatan. This was the reason we booked this cruise so we could see a couple of new islands. Counting down and can't wait to sail away. :)

I have this tour booked thru CCL, as well, for my cruise in November-very excited to see the ruins. Not to hijack this thread, but I do have a question re: tipping on a Carnival sponsored excursion-when I've booked independently, I know it is customary to tip the guide (and possibly even the driver). I've never booked this kind of excursion thru Carnival, so do you tip (or not?) at the end of the tour? Thanks in advance.:cool:

Thanks eveyone for your help. I'm really looking forward to this excursion and the cruise also. We've been to Grand Cayman and Cozumel several times (also part of our cruise Iten.) but not Belize or Isle Roatan. This was the reason we booked this cruise so we could see a couple of new islands. Counting down and can't wait to sail away. :)

You do realize Belize is NOT an island.....;)

(sorry, I couldn't resist)

Have a great and safe cruise.:D

Bill

I have this tour booked thru CCL, as well, for my cruise in November-very excited to see the ruins. Not to hijack this thread, but I do have a question re: tipping on a Carnival sponsored excursion-when I've booked independently, I know it is customary to tip the guide (and possibly even the driver). I've never booked this kind of excursion thru Carnival, so do you tip (or not?) at the end of the tour? Thanks in advance.:cool:

My fiance and I did the Altun-Ha tour through Carnvial last Oct. After the tour was over, the bus driver and the tour guides stood outside the bus and said goodbye to each passenger as they got off the bus. This is when most folks handed them a tip. We tipped $5 to the bus driver and $5 to the tour guide.

This is our first time visting Belize and we have the Xuantunich tour booked with Carnival. Is it safe for us to bring our nice camera and for me to wear my wedding rings? I'm not trying to offend anyone with my question. Just need some advice since we've never been here. Thank you in advance for your help.

Absolutely - I went in a tour bus, parked next to the "river", crossed on the raft and walked up to the ranger station and the ruins. You will be accompanied by your guides, it's a very pleasant experience. There'll be other tourists on the ruins grounds with their guides. The walk/climb up the main large temple can be harrowing if one is not steady or is afraid of heights, but what a view! After you leave the ruins, you'll return to your bus and probably stop for lunch at a main local restaurant, again many tourists and employees. Belize is a civilized country, once a British protectorate, English is the main language. You should have a great time! (If your wedding ring is a 5 carat + beauty, I wouldn't wear it on any Caribbean excursion! Best leave a sparkler like that in the cabin safe)

Archived