Promotions when booking on a cruise?

DJDaveS

Hi all,

Quick Question...

We are going away in 14 days. So excited.

We have the Allure booked for April. I was thinking of cancelling that and rebooking when I am onboard.

Can anyone tell me what type of discounts or promotions are offered onboard?

As of right now, I have no discount.

Hi all,

Quick Question...

We are going away in 14 days. So excited.

We have the Allure booked for April. I was thinking of cancelling that and rebooking when I am onboard.

Can anyone tell me what type of discounts or promotions are offered onboard?

As of right now, I have no discount.

If you are a member of Crown and Anchor you will be eligible for Platinum~Emerald~Diamond~Diamond Plus~Pinnacle Balcony Discounts as of Jan. 21, 2011 plus an OBC. All is dependent on length of cruise. If you do not book a balcony, then you would be eligible to use a C&A Savings certificate if one becomes available for your cruise.

Just remember that when canceling and rebooking you will be paying the cruise fare that is being shown on the date you rebook.......which could be higher than when you initially booked.

If you are a member of Crown and Anchor you will be eligible for Platinum~Emerald~Diamond~Diamond Plus~Pinnacle Balcony Discounts as of Jan. 21, 2011 plus an OBC. All is dependent on length of cruise. If you do not book a balcony, then you would be eligible to use a C&A Savings certificate if one becomes available for your cruise.

Just remember that when canceling and rebooking you will be paying the cruise fare that is being shown on the date you rebook.......which could be higher than when you initially booked.

That info is helpful...

But I have a follow-up question. I am currently at Gold level. But at the completion of this cruise next week, I am moving to Platinum. So if I book while on this cruise, will I be Gold or Platinum OBC?

That info is helpful...

But I have a follow-up question. I am currently at Gold level. But at the completion of this cruise next week, I am moving to Platinum. So if I book while on this cruise, will I be Gold or Platinum OBC?

The OBC is the same and not dependant on level.

The OBC is the same and not dependant on level.

I meant the discount. When do I become Platinum. Can I get the Platium discount as I will be at the level at the completion of the cruise?

And I also looked, right now, the cruise is cheaper than what I paid.

When you reach platinum status, call & they will apply the balcony discount.

If the cruise is less expensive now, a phone call will get you a credit. Then see where it stands once you're onboard.

If you booked thru a TA, you'll need to contact them, not RCCL

I meant the discount. When do I become Platinum. Can I get the Platium discount as I will be at the level at the completion of the cruise?

If it is before final payment, you can ask your TA or if you booked directly with RCL, for a price adjustment. If past final payment date, you would get an on board credit for the difference in price as long as it is not a WOW sale or a sale just for new customers.

You have to complete the cruise before you move up to Platinum. It would apply to the next cruise you book but not for the current one.

MARAPRINCE

Once your cruise posts as completed, just call C&A and they will update the next cruise booking to add the Platinum level balcony discount (presuming you booked a balcony).

Thanks everyone!

I am going to roll the dice. Cancel the cruise in April and rebook onboard. Hopefully the price will remain the same and my cabin will still be there.

I think the cruise needs to be cancelled for at least 10 days to be considered a new booking.

Crossing fingers.

Archived