Weather in Bermuda Aug 14-21--Hurricane??

EOSapril11

I have seen some posts of satellite pics of storms in the Atlantic. Can anyone decipher them for me??

Any locals on here that can tell us what they are hearing?

I updated my forecasts this morning and explain the satellite imagery on the two important features at this time.... Franklin and 94L.

Can anyone decipher them for me??

There is an area of thunder storms currently called 94L [8/13 am], 500 miles south east of Bermuda. It is generally headed towards Bermuda. It might impact bermuda by early this week. It may just be gusty rain squalls, or it might be more. It is also posible that it stays to the east of Bermuda.

There is a second similar area behind that, currently called 92L , 1100 miles south east of Bermuda that might impact Bermuda later that week. Bermuda itself is a small target in a large ocean. There is no way to tell 4-6 days out where exactly 92L will be located, and no way to be sure that it becomes any thing more than a cluster of rain squalls.

If these stay just rainy areas, I'm sure the folks on Bermuda will appreciate the rain in their cisterns.

There is an area of thunder storms currently called 94L [8/13 am], 500 miles south east of Bermuda. It is generally headed towards Bermuda. It might impact bermuda by early this week. It may just be gusty rain squalls, or it might be more. It is also posible that it stays to the east of Bermuda.

There is a second similar area behind that, currently called 92L , 1100 miles south east of Bermuda that might impact Bermuda later that week. Bermuda itself is a small target in a large ocean. There is no way to tell 4-6 days out where exactly 92L will be located, and no way to be sure that it becomes any thing more than a cluster of rain squalls.

If these stay just rainy areas, I'm sure the folks on Bermuda will appreciate the rain in their cisterns.

Thank you all for your responses...do these tropical depressions mean a rainy washout? or just possible showers? I know you highlighted MIGHT, but I'm trying to get a general idea what we're in for.

"cluster of rainfalls"= occassional showers? I hope that's wishful thinking!!!

Thank you all for your responses...do these tropical depressions mean a rainy washout? or just possible showers? I know you highlighted MIGHT, but I'm trying to get a general idea what we're in for.

"cluster of rainfalls"= occassional showers? I hope that's wishful thinking!!!

As of now they are not even tropical depressions, just squalls that might become more. No one more that 24-36 hours in advance could responsibly tell you if there will be rain from one of these systems even if they do develope.

I have been there twice on cruises and have encountered scattered showers: frog drownings followed by sunshine. Since I will be sailing there in two week, I have put up the radar as a screen saver. One day the St. George side got drenched for half the day, and the dock yard had no rain.

Bermuda radar: http://www.weather.bm/radarLarge.asp

As of now they are not even tropical depressions, just squalls that might become more. No one more that 24-36 hours in advance could responsibly tell you if there will be rain from one of these systems even if they do develope.

I have been there twice on cruises and have encountered scattered showers: frog drownings followed by sunshine. Since I will be sailing there in two week, I have put up the radar as a screen saver. One day the St. George side got drenched for half the day, and the dock yard had no rain.

Bermuda radar: http://www.weather.bm/radarLarge.asp

OK...feeling a little better! Leaving in the am--Thank you!

Archived