Sunset Beach Resort in MoBay?

smc1313s

Has anyone been to the Sunset Beach Resort in MoBay recently? I have found an all inclusive price of $60/pp for the day, but I want to make sure it is not a dump. I am also considering Sandals, but Sunset is closer and cheaper. Any info and/or recent pics would be awesome! I posted this in the POC area also, but it seems kinda slow over there so I thought I'd try here also. Thanks in advance!

We also spent the day at Sunset Beach Resort this past January when we were in MoBay, and we enjoyed it. For us, the best part was that nobody bothered you ( no vendors). You can't compare Sunset Beach to Sandals but we were happy with our day for the price we paid. It wouldn't be classified as a dump. Lunch was a buffet and there was a good selection. We enjoyed the beach in the morning, had lunch then sat by the pool in the afternoon. Drinks were not watered down! :D

Sunset Beach is very close to the port and that's another reason we chose it. We've already been to other places in Jamaica and we knew what to expect from vendors :eek: If we ever go back to MoBay, I'd definitely head back to Sunset Beach again! :)

Mo Bay is not my favorite port, but the 2 times we have sailed there we've gone to Sunset Beach. It's ok, it's not spectacular but not a bad way to spend your day if you don't want to stay on board the ship.

As mentioned, the drinks are quite strong and good. My DD, who was 15 at the time went to get a coke and they asked her if she wanted anything alcoholic. My dd said, "Dude, I'm only 15." The guy said, "That's ok, mon!" She declined, but thought it was fun.

We were there just last week. It's a nice place, the people were friendy and the place is nice. I would suggest to take a cab over there rather than taking the bus thru Jamaica for a day. You get there by bus rather fast but coming back nobody seems to know when the bus returns. The cab should be about $4.00 pp. Overall If we do this cruise again we woud go back to Sunset

Thanks for the response. Did the buffet have a good selection of food and was it available for a limited amount of time?

Yes, we found the buffet to have a good selection.. keep in mind, it's typical buffet food. If I remember correctly, there was an area with salads, then another area that served hot meats (chicken, pork, etc) along different vegetables, rice, potatoes, etc. At another section, they had hot dogs, hamburgs, fries, etc. Desserts were on another table. The waiters came to your table to take your drink order and brought anything else you needed. They asked us if we'd like wine with our meal but we passed on that.

I'm going by memory again, and I believe the buffet was open from noon until 3:00 or so but definitely check the hours when you arrive. They also have a towel station so no need to drag along your towels from the ship. ;)

Thanks for all the info. We were going to book a carnival excursion but once I ran across Sunset Beach and started reading posts from others I thought this would be the best thing for us. We are traveling with our two kids ages 6 and 13 and I believe they would enjoy the beach area as well as the pool/waterpark. :)

Thanks for all the info. We were going to book a carnival excursion but once I ran across Sunset Beach and started reading posts from others I thought this would be the best thing for us. We are traveling with our two kids ages 6 and 13 and I believe they would enjoy the beach area as well as the pool/waterpark. :)

I thnk you'll enjoy you day there and no doubt the kids will love the waterpark. Since we had no kids with us, we didn't bother to check out the waterpark but I heard some good comments about it. Have fun! :)

I thnk you'll enjoy you day there and no doubt the kids will love the waterpark. Since we had no kids with us, we didn't bother to check out the waterpark but I heard some good comments about it. Have fun! :)

We're taking our 1st January cruise next year. Considering this excursion.

How is the water temps this time of year?

We're taking our 1st January cruise next year. Considering this excursion.

How is the water temps this time of year?

Water temp was great when we were there in January .. very refreshing after sitting on the beach but not freezing cold. The pool seemed to be a tiny bit warmer :)

Archived