How does Voyager class compare to Disney?

BUT when the Navigator was in port next to us in Nassau, she was almost in tears that she had to go back on the Wonder and not on the Navigator!

Oh please - the 12 year old was almost in tears because she had to get back on the Wonder and not the Navigator? Poor kid, life is so tough.

Howard

we found rci superior to disney in all ways but one. the entertainment on disney was consistantly better. we would definately opt for rsi

It is good entertainment--but it is the same entertainment all the time. They have been doing the same Disney Dreams and Golden Mickey forever!!! (It seems) The ONLY portion I will miss when my granddaughters are with us is the Sailaway Party. Disney did that wonderfully and both girls thouroughly enjoyed it and we really enjoyed watching them dance and have a great time. That will be missed. But nothing else. Sorry.

Having said that, let me qualify. Have been on the SOS '96 and NOS '03. Loved both cruises for different reasons. SOS was a couples cruise, and NOS was a 25 people /3 generation cruise. Took DCL (3day land/4day sea) in january of this yr with the older 2 DGKS (no parents) and had a great time. But that cruise was all about the DKS(6,7). I think they would have had a great time on RCL for half the price also. Not sure the "Disney experience" on the cruise was worth the extra $$. My DH said it best,"no WOW factor in any of the meals(good food and could always find something to eat) and there were Way too many kids." I know, I know it is a Disney cruise, but with being out of the "kid business" for awhile (our youngest is 20) we were maybe being overly sensitive. JMHO

Oh please - the 12 year old was almost in tears because she had to get back on the Wonder and not the Navigator? Poor kid, life is so tough.

Howard

That is RUDE and UNNECESSARY! If you don't like it that my child LOVES Royal Caribbean and not the Mouse, too bad for YOU! Keep your rudeness to yourself rather than spreading it around.

For those of you have cruised both Disney and Royal Caribbean (particularly the Voyager class ships), did you notice a big difference in the staterooms? My family and I stayed in a fantastic suite on the Disney Magic, and while we are interested in going on a Royal Caribbean cruise, we are sort of being snobs and wondering if the staterooms will be as roomy. The pictures on the website and square feet measurements don't seem as impressive as that of Disney. What did you all think?

I thought the Disney Cat 6 rooms were better laid out for a family. They might have been a tad larger also. The rooms on the NOS were your standard room (balcony), comparable to Princess. The spit bath in Disney was very nice when travleing with kids.

That is RUDE and UNNECESSARY! If you don't like it that my child LOVES Royal Caribbean and not the Mouse, too bad for YOU! Keep your rudeness to yourself rather than spreading it around.

I really couldn't care whether your child loves Royal Caribbean and not the Mouse - that wasn't the point. Teach your child that most children have never been on a cruise in their lives, but by the looks of it she's gone on quite a few.

Howard

I really couldn't care whether your child loves Royal Caribbean and not the Mouse - that wasn't the point. Teach your child that most children have never been on a cruise in their lives, but by the looks of it she's gone on quite a few.

Howard

You don't have to insult the poster for just stating her experience.

I think it was the sarcasm that the poster objected to. When she posted:

Originally Posted by cruislovin

BUT when the Navigator was in port next to us in Nassau, she was almost in tears that she had to go back on the Wonder and not on the Navigator!

She was sharing her experience. I don't think her response to my original post warrants a response dripping in sarcasm:

"Oh please - the 12 year old was almost in tears because she had to get back on the Wonder and not the Navigator? Poor kid, life is so tough."

It has nothing to do with whether or not her child appreciates the fact that she's been on cruises. She's 12 years old, for God's sake!

Wasn't the post about comparing Disney to RCCL? :rolleyes:

Kim

Children do get emotional and people who don't have children don't have to assume that just because a child cried when she saw a ship she loved doesn't mean she didn't appreciate the cruise she was on. I too loved the Serenade of the seas so much that I will feel sad if I see it while I'm on my Alaska cruise this summer on Carnival Spirit. We wanted to go back on RCCL but our travelling companions insisted on Carnival because they had a buy on get one free cruise coupon.

Bribrittmom and 3redheads,

Thanks for your support AND understanding! Both my daughter and I really appreciated being on the Wonder and spending that special time together, just the 2 of us. That was WONDERful! But when we saw the Navigator just a few hundred feet away and heard the RCCL "ding dong" introducing an announcement, it touched a special place for us and our memories of the great cruises we have had on RCCL with the whole family!!!:)

You are right in saying that people who do not have children just do not understand...

I don't post very often on these boards--just lurking to get info for AOS cruise. The posts like this that become rude scare me from posting because I do not want to be attacked.

WE prefer "the MOUSE" and I would get choked up seeing either the Magic or the Wonder. Everyone has their own opinion. Just because someone goes on a lot of cruises or vacations does not mean they do not appreciate them. We go on quite a few vacations to spend time together as a family-including family we rarely see- with no stress--just to enjoy each others company. We do without other things to do that by our choice.

Before anyone posts they should consider the affect their post wil have on others.

• 2 months later...
For those of you have cruised both Disney and Royal Caribbean (particularly the Voyager class ships), did you notice a big difference in the staterooms? My family and I stayed in a fantastic suite on the Disney Magic, and while we are interested in going on a Royal Caribbean cruise, we are sort of being snobs and wondering if the staterooms will be as roomy. The pictures on the website and square feet measurements don't seem as impressive as that of Disney. What did you all think?

Anyone have an opinion on the difference in the suite level cabins? We had the Roy suite this summer on the Wonder, which was fabulous and the perfect amount of space for 7 people. We really want to try the Voyager class next. The Voyager activities are much better geared for our group. Thanks. :)

We have stayed in the Roy and Walt suite and from what I can tell the Royal suite on RCL is the only one comparable. We stayed in the Royal Family suite on AOS this summer and it could not compare to a Cat1,2,3 on DCL. There are no free drinks either in the room, but you can go to the lounge and drink there--we never went,hours were not convenient. They did have a lot of storage and the balcony had a real table and chairs and lounge chairs--not narrow like on RCL. Any other questions let me know.

Beth

Archived