Sports court question

jillmom2

On our most recent cruise this past April..we had 5 boys with us 2 -15 yr. olds and 3 -17 yr. olds. They live to play basketball. They were very disappointed to find that the basketball court on the Glory closed up at like 5p.m. every day (occasionally there was a special sport event there later in the evening.) but for the most part it was just locked up and not being used....Is this new? It seems like on our other cruises they played pick-up games any time...Why was it closing so early...they were very disappointed to find they couldnt play after dinner or later in the evening....I was disappointed for them....I would much rather having them playing basketball than wandering around the ship looking for something to do...they werent always interested in the teen activities and needed to be 18 to do alot of other things...and when they went looking for a bball game...they couldnt even use the court. They dont need to be supervised in there so what is the deal...Anyone know if this is typical of all Carnival ships or just unique to the Glory? and is this new and if so why??

the early "closing time" is not unique to the Glory. This is probably one of my husband's biggest complaints. We were recently on the Valor. The sports activities were poorly scheduled with teens most monopolizing the court when it was open. As it would cool off late in the day - they guys in our group went to the court to play - guess what - court needed to be closed and locked. Why?? No one could really get an explanation.

Archived