Car rental question

doodlesinkentucky

We are renting a full-size for 4 adult size people (DS(17) is 6'8" and DD(14) is 5'11" so I call them adult sized). This is an Impala (which is what we use for a family car) or Taurus or similar size vehicle. I would think that would be too small for you as we just fit comfortably. I would guess you would want a Premium size car or a mini van. I don't think an SUV would give you enough room for luggage (we also have an Explorer so I know how much luggage room you would have).

I know from the car seat clinics I volunteer at there are not many cars which will fit a car seat for a toddler and comfortably sit two more adults in the back seat. SUVs run the same problem, mainly because you often can't use the LATCH system in the middle position, which is usually where you would put the car seat.

My suggestion is to get a van. The toddler can sit comfortably in the middle row, and every one else can spread out. Just beware if you want to install the car seat in the back row some vans do not allow this...read the owner's manual well before you install the car seat.

I appreciate your responses. If you have a van make you can suggest, that would be great.

We are renting because we have a too small suv and a Sonata now. The Sonata has a wonderful trunk for all our stuff but not comfy space in the back for two adults and baby.

We are not taking a full sized stroller but an umbrella one and limited suitecases but still.....:)

We are renting a car for our family of 5, which is 3 adults and 2 in car seats, so basically around the same amount of people as you. We drive a Nissan Murano at home.

We are renting a Chevy Traverse one way and Ford Edge the other. They are larger SUV's and I know they plenty of storage in the back for luggage (and our stroller) as well.

If you plan on doing a minivan, I really like the Dodge Caravan, it seats 7 with storage space as well.

We are going to need a rental to drive down to Pt Canaveral. There are 5 adults and one child and all our luggage. I have been pricing rental cars (vans) and the prices seem so expensive, about $600 there and back. Is this normal? I have not rented a car in many years and had no idea it would cost so much. Am I just behind the times?

We are going to need a rental to drive down to Pt Canaveral. There are 5 adults and one child and all our luggage. I have been pricing rental cars (vans) and the prices seem so expensive, about $600 there and back. Is this normal? I have not rented a car in many years and had no idea it would cost so much. Am I just behind the times?

We are going to get one to/from. When I checked prices for 10 days it was about 600.00. I am hoping it will be a bit cheaper to get one for 2 days each trip. We do have some coupons and hubby gets a corp rate thru Hertz. Check coupons and do you have AAA? Good luck!

We are going to get one to/from. When I checked prices for 10 days it was about 600.00. I am hoping it will be a bit cheaper to get one for 2 days each trip. We do have some coupons and hubby gets a corp rate thru Hertz. Check coupons and do you have AAA? Good luck!

No, none of us have AAA but I will keep looking around. Our idea was to do a one way rental and turn the van in at Pt Canaveral, go on the cruise, and then get another rental for the trip back home. I'm just trying to find the most cost effective way to do this.

Okay, found it. We saved quite a bit of $$ doing it this way. It's a BCD Code and it's # U333645 try it out and see if you can get a better price.

we've ALWAYS booked our rentals via bj's travel, however this was a TON better then any deal we've found on there.

Hope it helps!

Just and FYI on this one too. I would suggest doing a one way rental each way, rather then renting it for the entire 10 days. this will also save you $$ on parking at the port. I know some hotels offer free parking, or reducded parking, but you still might make out alot better just doing two one ways.

Just and FYI on this one too. I would suggest doing a one way rental each way, rather then renting it for the entire 10 days. this will also save you $$ on parking at the port. I know some hotels offer free parking, or reducded parking, but you still might make out alot better just doing two one ways.

Thanks so much, we will try it. We are not staying overnight in PC anyway. We are going to drive to St Augustine and spend the night there. Thanks again.

I just noticed you are from Buffalo....me too. I grew up in Tonawanda.

How funny! Small world! ;) I see you live in Georgia now huh? lucky you!

We are only staying overnight in Port Canaveral the night before we leave. the day we come back, we still rented a car, one way. Our flight leaves Orlando at 5pm, so we'll at least have most the day to do as we please with the rental car!

Good Luck!

We are renting a car/suv/van to our cruise in March. Does anyone have a suggestion on what would be a good one to rent for 4 adults, 1 toddler with a car seat.

We would like plenty of room for all and plenty of space to bring luggage. Thanks to all;)

We went to the car lots last night to just peek around and found an explorer that looks perfect for us! Now we have to find the right rental place that has one or something similar!:)

Archived