lunch MDR embarkation day Caribbean Princess

cruisesusie

But it's only from noon until 1:00, not 1:01. They'll try to tell you to use the buffet so you have to stand your ground and tell them that you know they are servinng lunch and you wish to be seated.

Got off the CB yesterday. Had no problem getting into the dining room for lunch. We were just asked, "table for two"? It was wonderful to not have to deal with the crowd on the lido deck on embarkation day. I enjoyed salmon and the tranquility that eating in the dining room provided.

But it's only from noon until 1:00, not 1:01. They'll try to tell you to use the buffet so you have to stand your ground and tell them that you know they are servinng lunch and you wish to be seated.

I've heard others say the same thing, stand your ground. What is it you actually DO to do that? :confused:

Its always been Noon to 1:30 when we sailed.Has this changed?

I've heard others say the same thing, stand your ground. What is it you actually DO to do that? :confused:

Had no issue with this on the CB. Easily resolved if there is an issue. Take the standard issue PrincessPatter from your stateroom. Stateroom should be ready for entry. If not get a copy from your steward who should be nearby if staterooms are not ready. Patter states in black and white on the last page Coral Dining Room Noon-1:30pm (Lunch).

The embarkation lunch invitation is in online material (Cruise Answer Book & FAQ) & even if it's not in the Patter (I've experienced it) then on the back of the new ship deck plan map is the invitation also.

Its always been Noon to 1:30 when we sailed.Has this changed?

It was Noon to 1:30 just a few weeks ago when we sailed on the Caribbean Princess. We were there just after Noon and were one of the first to be seated. It got continually busier while we dined and when we left after 1 p.m. people were still being seated.

Archived