smith's family luau vs paradise cove luau

ckzimmy

I haven't been to Smith's Family Luau, so can't comment on that.

I have been to Paradise Cove Luau and Germaine's Luau.

Paradise Cove was by far the best. They had local arts & crafts showing how to make the leis, poi, etc. And they even did a small huki lau, showing you how they used to catch the fish with the nets. Then the typical imu (pig from the ground). Seemed to be a much better "Hawaiian" theme.

They are all commcialized, unless you know a Hawaiian family and go to their own backyard luau.

I dont know when you are cruising but if you are on the POA in Nov, Dec or Jan you wont be able to attend the Smiths family luau as they cut out thursdays during those months

I went to Smith's Family Luau and had a blast - granted this was my first luau so I can't compare to another. They take you on a tour of the gardens on a tram before dropping you off at the where the imu ceremony takes place. Dinner is buffet style. After dinner, you go to the ampitheater for their aloha show.

I went to Smith's Family Luau and had a blast - granted this was my first luau so I can't compare to another. They take you on a tour of the gardens on a tram before dropping you off at the where the imu ceremony takes place. Dinner is buffet style. After dinner, you go to the ampitheater for their aloha show.

Would you, by any chance, have any photos you would care to share.

We sail Golden Princess Feb 1st. and booked for this luau. Just can't seem to get any photos of the event.

Thanks

Archived