Charlie Soto - tour guide - recommendations?

dmac

Has anyone hired Charlie Soto to be their tour guide while docked in Limon? Comments, recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thinking of hiring him while in port 4/8/05 on the Legend.

Hi dmac

We hired him when we were on the Legend over New Year's. He was really a great guide and very professional. Charlie used to live in California, so his English is really good and he is a really nice and knowledgable guide. We had rainy weather the day of our tour, but that didn't damper Charlie or his spirits - we went all over and saw a lot of insider stuff that we wouldn't have seen with a big tour - and we had a great time. I highly reccommend him! If you have any other questions, please email me at quimbydog@earthlink.net.

Tiffany

• 2 weeks later...

dmac:

We contacted Charlie Soto via e-mail after reading recommendations on these boards. Charlie was great! Our day with him was the highlight of our vacation. Our family of 6 had a wonderful time. There were also 4 others that we recruited during our cruise to join us and 4 more who contacted him on their own. We saw sloths, monkeys, alligators, iguanas. We went to the canals, went ziplining at Las Brisas, took a tour of the Del Monte banana plantation also to a restaurant on the beach and then to a local grocery store for some local items. He had a small tour bus that had seating for probably 20 or so. (not exactly sure of how many seats.) There were a total of 14 passengers on the day we went. His bus/van was brand new and fully air conditioned and very roomy. He greeted us at the end of the pier as promised. He provided drinks and fresh fruit for all. His English was very good. He was very knowledgeable, friendly, very professional and very reasonable. I would highly recommend him and if I ever get a chance to return to Costa Rica I would not hesitate to hire him again. Try Charlie Soto, we're glad we did.

Archived