Morne Rogue Beach?

gunnerstahl24

Has anyone traveled to Morne Rogue Beach? I've seen some pictures and it looks great. I'm assuming its less traveled than Grand Anse & Magazine Beach but I haven't read about anyone going there...

Anyone's shared experiences would be great.

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

We have been to Morne Rouge beach. The first time we were there it was the last stop on an island tour. We loved it so much that the next time we went to Grenada we took a taxi there and stayed for our whole stop. It was not crowded at all and there is a nice restaurant/bar with bathrooms.

It is not too far from Grand Anse beach. There were a couple of vendors who walked by, but when we said no thank you, they left us alone.

• 1 month later...

I have been to this wonderful beah at at least 5 occasions. It is always beautiful, not crowded. You can rent chair for 5$ there is a small restaurant and restroom that they will let you use. Grande Anse is much more crowded, with more activities. If you want to relax, Morne Rouge is the place. Beware, if you take the water taxi, ask before taking it to avoid being disapointed, if not they might ask you to get off at Grande Anse. You can take a taxi, same price as the water taxi, it will let you experience a bit of the city and the the beautiful harbour.

Have a great time!:D

Beware, if you take the water taxi, ask before taking it to avoid being disapointed, if not they might ask you to get off at Grande Anse. You can take a taxi, same price as the water taxi, it will let you experience a bit of the city and the the beautiful harbour.

Have a great time!:D

Are you saying the water taxi will take you to Morne Rouge?? I thought it only went to Grande Anse.

• 1 month later...
Is there good snorkeling at this beach?

Also, approx. how much is cab fare?

Thanks

Snorkeling not that good, at least when we were there. But if you have your back to the land and face the sea then walk to your left to th end of the beach and there is a little reef there.

The taxi fare was 16$ for 4 people.

• 2 weeks later...
Snorkeling not that good, at least when we were there. But if you have your back to the land and face the sea then walk to your left to th end of the beach and there is a little reef there.

The taxi fare was 16$ for 4 people.

Hi! Can you easily get taxis to return to the ship? or do you have to go back to Grand Anse? What about the water taxi to Morne Rouge? Is it frequent?

• 2 weeks later...

Normally we just ask the taxi driver to return for us at a fixed time.

Just tell them that you will pay the round trip fare when he returns, that way they come back for you.

Otherwise the hotel on the beach will ring for a taxi for you.

Archived