Beach for day

sdp123078

Hi Everyone! My boyfriend and I will be in Barbados during our cruise next month on the Victory. We want to spend the day on a beach and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. We want somewhere that is not too crowded (if this is possible), pretty, has chair/umbrella rentals, and a restaurant/bar close to get drinks and lunch.

Also, if you have a recommendation, can you give me an idea of taxi price, how to get there, etc. Thanks for your help!!!

Hi there. We went to Harbour Lights beach bar when we were there. Had a great day, it had a good crowd but not over baring, we certainly did not feel overwelmed by it, very laid back feeling.Rented chairs and umbrellas, they have showers, changing rooms etc. Food and drinks were good ( had the creole flying fish and breadfruit coucou ...yum yum), staff were pleasant. all in all a great day. Very pretty beach You can also snorkel with the turtles just off shore. I think it was like $4 or $5 per person to get there

When we were in Barbados last September, we took a taxi to Lobster Alive and enjoyed our time on the beach. We got there fairly early (around 9:00) and it was pretty quiet. Loungers were $5 each and the umbrella was also $5 but with two chairs and an umbrella you got 3 drink tickets. Lobster Alive is right next to the Boatyard and I believe we paid either $3 or $5 each for the taxi from the port...it was more like a bus with about 10 other passengers and they made drop offs to different places. Can't comment on the food since we left around 1:00 to walk into town and had some lunch in town. We'd definitely go back to Lobster Alive if we ever went to Barbados again... a great day! :)

Hi Everyone! My boyfriend and I will be in Barbados during our cruise next month on the Victory. We want to spend the day on a beach and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. We want somewhere that is not too crowded (if this is possible), pretty, has chair/umbrella rentals, and a restaurant/bar close to get drinks and lunch.

Also, if you have a recommendation, can you give me an idea of taxi price, how to get there, etc. Thanks for your help!!!

There are lots of great options in Barbados. They have great beaches. last time we were there we went to Accra/Rockley beach. There are plenty of facilities to buy drinks and food and chair rentals.

This picture of Rockley beach courtesy of APLMAC:

accra-1.jpg

Taxi cost here is around $15 pp and chair and umbrella rental is $15 for two chairs and an umbrella.

You have several day pass options if you want a more quiet beach.

Crane beach is said to be one of the best beaches in the world but it's a drive to get there. You really need to get the day pass here because getting down to the public side of the beach is tricky with rocky stairs. They did have a day pass for $15 I think that only offered you a chair, no pools, but you got a voucher to be redeemed for food. My request I sent them said they have a day pass for $50 that includes access to all their pools and facilities, but no food. This might include a day room. It looks like taxi cost is around $20 round trip per person and can take up to 45 minutes each way.

http://www.thecrane.com/

Hilton offers a day pass for $50 includes lunch and soda, pool side, use of facilities and chair.

http://hiltonbarbadoshotel.com/

Almond Casuarina Beach Resort (10:00 to 4:00): $60, all inclusive drinks and food on Dover beach, 3 pools, water sports, etc.

http://www.almondresorts.com/the-resorts/almond-casuarina-beach/

Activities

Three freshwater swimming pools and a beautiful stretch of beach include complimentary beach chairs. Guests are able to enjoy snorkeling, sailing, kayaking, floodlit tennis courts (lessons available), a fitness center and destination spa featuring various ser vices, including massage, facials, detoxifying juices, manicures and pedicures. Spa packages are available for purchase in advance or can be paid locally. A complimentary shuttle allows guests to visit the other proper ties on Barbados: Almond Beach Club & Spa (guests 16 years and over) and Almond Beach Village.

When we were in Barbados last September, we took a taxi to Lobster Alive and enjoyed our time on the beach. We got there fairly early (around 9:00) and it was pretty quiet. Loungers were $5 each and the umbrella was also $5 but with two chairs and an umbrella you got 3 drink tickets. Lobster Alive is right next to the Boatyard and I believe we paid either $3 or $5 each for the taxi from the port...it was more like a bus with about 10 other passengers and they made drop offs to different places. Can't comment on the food since we left around 1:00 to walk into town and had some lunch in town. We'd definitely go back to Lobster Alive if we ever went to Barbados again... a great day! :)

Do you or maybe anyone else have any pictures of Lobster Alive and the beach there please?

Do you or maybe anyone else have any pictures of Lobster Alive and the beach there please?

We've been to Lobster Alive twice. Liked it so much the first time that we went back. I have pics in my review of the Serenade of the Seas, in my signature.

Their rum punch is great, and we had the flying fish which was very good. The beach is beautiful. Perfect sand, perfect water. And you if you wanted to use jet skis, etc, you're right next to the Boatyard so those are an option. We like LA because it's quieter and less crowded than the Boatyard, but we can still access the water sports if we're up to it. Actually, it's not really crowded at all. Lots of space between umbrellas.

The beaches in Barbados are gorgeous. Can't go wrong with a beach day there.

Just got back and spent the day at Rockley/Accra beach. The picture posted is very realistic. It has small huts with drinks and food. If you want walk across the street and buy beers/licqour in the convenience store for $2. The beach and water is beautiful as I am sure most of the beaches are in Barbados. The good thing is that it is only 10 minutes or so drive from the ship. If you look on a map -Crane beach is VERY far away and you have to get a pass to enjoy the day. This is a itinerary heavy cruise so do you want to spend all your time in cabs looking for the perfect beach? THe Barbados beaches all have beautiful white samd and amazing blue water.

Archived