Regatta engines

Benita

I just received notice that Oceania is planning preventative maintenance on one of their engines during our August 26 Regatta Alaska cruise. This will cause us to skip Victoria, halve the time in Juneau, causing cancellation of many tours, and shorten the time in Vancouver. Bummer.

The Queen and I have just received notice that Oceania have cancelled some full day excursions from their "Colors, Coasts & Coves" 12th October 2011 Regatta cruise, due to longer than previously advertised port-to-port cruising times. This makes me believe that the longer distance overnight transits are now being carried out at a fuel saving reduced speed, instead of adding a fuel surcharge, or is it those engines again? The 2012 equivalent cruise is still advertised with the original port arrival and departure times that were advertised for the 2011 cruise.

The Queen and I have just received notice that Oceania have cancelled some full day excursions from their "Colors, Coasts & Coves" 12th October 2011 Regatta cruise, due to longer than previously advertised port-to-port cruising times. This makes me believe that the longer distance overnight transits are now being carried out at a fuel saving reduced speed, instead of adding a fuel surcharge, or is it those engines again? The 2012 equivalent cruise is still advertised with the original port arrival and departure times that were advertised for the 2011 cruise.

Our Regatta cruise, just preceding yours, has also been effected with later arrivals and/or earlier departures (or both) from most ports. However, I am not aware of any shorex cancelations.

Obviously, they are sailing at a lower speed; whether this is due to engine problems or fuel saving, only Oceania knows for sure :)

Regatta - Colors, Coasts & Coves, 12th October 2011, shorex cancellations are "A Taste of the Cabot Trail" ex Sydney (6.5 hours, stop-over now only 5.5 hours) & "The Best of Halifax & Peggy's Cove" ex Halifax (7 hours, stop-over now only 7 hours).

Regatta - Colors, Coasts & Coves, 12th October 2011, shorex cancellations are "A Taste of the Cabot Trail" ex Sydney (6.5 hours, stop-over now only 5.5 hours) & "The Best of Halifax & Peggy's Cove" ex Halifax (7 hours, stop-over now only 7 hours).

Too bad you're going to miss the Cabot Trail. It is really spectacular & also a hair raising drive.

Archived