Extra money for Ports etc.?

4THELOVEOFBOO

so I'd do that. I plan on $100 per port. I don't stick to it but it is a guideline. I take 2 CC's w/me also. $ have bargaining power! Make sure they make the CC charge in "pesos", or their currency, as you will have stacking %'s. Call your bank to tell them you will be leaving the country, so you will be able to complete foreign transactions. AMEX dosent require it, but I always do. Have a great cruze!

I'm wondering the same thing. Our ports are HMC, San Juan, St Thomas and Grand Turk. HMC extras will go on S&S account. If we go to Margaritaville in Grand Turk, I would guess we would pay by CC, or would US$ be better. I will need US$ for San Juan and St. Thomas plus if we do a tour in St Thomas we have to pay in cash.

Our cruise is not until April so thinking we might want to get a little cash with the low US$ but still deciding on the best time. Our final payment is not until February, do you have to wait until then to make Bon Voyage purchases.

We usually bring a few hundred for spending money on silly little things and food in port. You can always get american cash at them embarkation port, they don't charge much of an international transaction fee for canadian/american. I know I only pay like 1% when I use my credit card in canada.

Archived