FLL beach Sheraton Questions

azseas

Hi all:

we just got this hotel through priceline for January 7th, 2012. I have a number of questions:

(1) If you stayed here through priceline before what kind of room did you get and in which building? [Am hoping a $20 to the desk clerk might help get a better room (works in vegas!).]

(2) Are there any drug stores, etc. in walking distance to get water, soda before our cruise?

(3) There will be six ships leaving port the night we are staying there. Will we be able to see the cruise ships depart from the beach area of the hotel? If yes, around what time should we be on the beach to watch?

(4) Okay - Long shot I know -- but are there any room locations that would provide a glimpse of the port??

(5) Website says it is one mile from port everglades. In the early morning we like to walk up to the 17th st bridge and watch the ships come in and dock. It looks like this MIGHT be possible from the arial maps -- can we walk at 5 am to the bridge from this hotel without issues?

THANK YOU!!!

Hi all:

we just got this hotel through priceline for January 7th, 2012. I have a number of questions:

(1) If you stayed here through priceline before what kind of room did you get and in which building? [Am hoping a $20 to the desk clerk might help get a better room (works in vegas!).]

(2) Are there any drug stores, etc. in walking distance to get water, soda before our cruise?

(3) There will be six ships leaving port the night we are staying there. Will we be able to see the cruise ships depart from the beach area of the hotel? If yes, around what time should we be on the beach to watch?

(4) Okay - Long shot I know -- but are there any room locations that would provide a glimpse of the port??

(5) Website says it is one mile from port everglades. In the early morning we like to walk up to the 17th st bridge and watch the ships come in and dock. It looks like this MIGHT be possible from the arial maps -- can we walk at 5 am to the bridge from this hotel without issues?

THANK YOU!!!

2)CVS at Beachplace is about 8-10 blocks north. 7-11 is between Courtyard Hotel and Las Olas Blvd one block west of the beach.

3) Yes! You'll get a great view from there. The ships usually go out between 5 and 6 PM.

4) I doubt it.

5) Yes, but it's actually 1.5 miles. I think there might be sidewalks the whole way.

I stayed here a few months ago and also booked thru priceline. When we were checking in, I was told that we were in the building across the street. I asked where the pool was and the clerk said it was in the building I was in now and then said she would give us a room there. So I don't know if a priceline room gets you further away from the beach/pool, but at least in my case, just asking a question did the job.

Good luck!

1) We got a room in the Beach Building, 3rd floor south side, about half way down the hall. Glimpse of the ocean. ( no $20 needed)

3) Yes, but if you walk south down the beach you can sit on the rocks and wave at people and see their faces. Really close.

5) You could also watch from the rocks at the inlet.

WOW -- thanks all!! I am so excited!!! Love watching the ships sail out!

I am thinking we just might get up early in the morning and go down to the beach and watch the ships sail in from there -- instead of the 1.5 mile walk:)

I will ask for a room in the beach building -- doesn't hurt to ask. if we don't get it -- won't be disappointed -- got a good price!

I have always stayed here via Priceline. I have always found that when we walk in I am just very nice and ask if we can have a room on the beach side. Haven't been turned down yet.

They have upgraded a bit and they have a beautiful pool deck and we could see the ships entering into the open sea.

They also have a nice bar, with pretty good drinks. And a coffee bar as well.

Enjoy.

kathy

Archived