April 24 Rhapsody

My husband and I are planning on booking our first ever vacation away from kids (!) to celebrate our 30th anniversary. Can anyone give me any advice as far as booking a room? We want a balcony room and about all they have open is the very front and the very back on deck 7. Has anyone stayed in these?

My very first cruise was on the Rhapsody. WE had a JS mid ship deck 8 I remember . We love cruising ever since. I have sailed on the Rhapsody twice and enjoyed emensley both cruises.

We have stayed in 7024,twice.It is foward,port.We love this location.Very quite,good shot of the flying bridge,close to elevators.No noise or vibration.It is a connecting room,but have not had a problem with noise.

I would agree with most take one of the cabins up front. Shouldn't be a problem as long as the seas aren't rough or choppy. From what I have read and researched that is usually not the case in the Western waters. If you book the 24th sailing please check out our thread and register for the Meet/Mingle Party which is already confirmed, so you can meet all of us on board. I infact noticed they dropped the prices for the balcony last week, I plan to call my T/A and see about a shipboard credit or refund of the difference.

Everyone will have a different opinion and having sailed on the Rhapsody I will give you mine. I had a stern cabin and the balcony was very large. The only downside is you will occasionally feel a slight vibration. Another positive is that there is virtually no hall traffic. The ship is full of friendly Texans: happy anniversary.

Archived