cabbing it back to Houston Hobby

hellokittyluver

Does anyone know if there are taxi cabs just waiting around at the Galveston Pier? My husband and I will be doing the early self disembarkation of the cruise ship. I was just wondering if we can just get in a cab and go to houston hobby without waiting....If so, how much does it cost? Thanks

I guess what I'm looking for is transportation just waiting at the pier for customers. When we got off the cruise in Seattle, we just walked up to waiting cabs, same thing in San Pedro, CA. I just wanted to know if there are cabs just waiting at the pier. We were just going to do the early disembarkation, walking off with our luggage.:)

Galveston seems to be alittle more difficult to get to the airport than other ports. This is probably the last time we book into Galveston, it is a pain in the a$$ to get there and back and pricey to fly into. I am looking into just taking a shuttle to get into Galveston and maybe taking the cruise shuttle back.

• 2 weeks later...
Galveston seems to be alittle more difficult to get to the airport than other ports. This is probably the last time we book into Galveston, it is a pain in the a$$ to get there and back and pricey to fly into. I am looking into just taking a shuttle to get into Galveston and maybe taking the cruise shuttle back.

After our first trip out of Galveston I swore I would never try it again. And here we are- sailing out of Galveston again. The car rental places make it as difficult as possible- closing on Sat. at noon and shut on Sunday. I understood when it was shortly after the hurricane that so devastated the area, but now it just seems like a way to make people rent a car for the entire week.

Archived