For those who have sailed allure and oasis

We sailed Allure two weeks ago and are looking to book Oasis for next summer. Other than the obvious differences (Rita's, Dog House, etc.), will the Oasis have a different feel. I have read that the Allure is tweaked and more "finished". Are my concerns silly?

We sailed Allure two weeks ago and are looking to book Oasis for next summer. Other than the obvious differences (Rita's, Dog House, etc.), will the Oasis have a different feel. I have read that the Allure is tweaked and more "finished". Are my concerns silly?

Not really other than each ship tends to have a bit of it's own personality. The ships are so similiar that I have even confused myself at times as to which I am on:o

The Allure is more elegant in my opinion. They really added and tweaked her in comparison to the Oasis. Plus they transferred the best of the Oasis crew to the Allure to avoid the few pitfalls the Oasis encountered in the beginning. Both ships are amazing, but my preference is the Allure.

The Allure is more elegant in my opinion. They really added and tweaked her in comparison to the Oasis. Plus they transferred the best of the Oasis crew to the Allure to avoid the few pitfalls the Oasis encountered in the beginning. Both ships are amazing, but my preference is the Allure.

Not sure if you have been on Oasis recently as they have made some slight improvements to more match Allure....like they have now put the glass canopy over the outdoor seating of Chops as they have on Allure. Also in regards to crew..that is always changing...so while many that opened Oasis are now on Allure that can change at any time. As a matter of fact the senior person who currently manages all the specialty restaurants on Allure (he opened all the big ships) will actually be switching back over to Oasis later this year to make changes.

I've been on both ships. I loved both ships! I could not give preference to one over the other as I found them so similar. I will say I enjoyed "Chicago" on Allure more than "Hairspray" on Oasis. And I enjoyed the Solarium Bistro on Oasis more than the restaurant on Allure. In fact, I thought the solarium in general on Oasis was "prettier" than the solarium on Allure. But other than those extremely minor subjective differences, I would sail on either ship again with no hesitation! And, in fact, I am already booked for repeat cruises on both ships! :D

To be honest, with a year in between, I really don't think you'll notice any difference other than the things you mentioned. Unless you have a keen attention to detail like most of us do after so many cruises, you will probably think you're on the same ship.

I've been on both ships. I loved both ships! I could not give preference to one over the other as I found them so similar. I will say I enjoyed "Chicago" on Allure more than "Hairspray" on Oasis. And I enjoyed the Solarium Bistro on Oasis more than the restaurant on Allure. In fact, I thought the solarium in general on Oasis was "prettier" than the solarium on Allure. But other than those extremely minor subjective differences, I would sail on either ship again with no hesitation! And, in fact, I am already booked for repeat cruises on both ships! :D

whats the best quiet place away from the crowds on oasis for loung chairs and lounging in the sun

whats the best quiet place away from the crowds on oasis for loung chairs and lounging in the sun

I like the Solarium. The second level loft area as shown in the background of this photo is almost always uncrowded and sunny.

2938124800080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

thanks

this is my first time on RC--aug 20 on the oasis--so we dont know much about the secret places-to avoid the crowds---we always cruise on NCL

any pool areas on oasis that the crowds really dont know about

best lounge for drinks at night

any other tips would be great

thanks

lou

thanks

this is my first time on RC--aug 20 on the oasis--so we dont know much about the secret places-to avoid the crowds---we always cruise on NCL

thanks

lou

You are in for a big treat! :D Oasis and Allure feel much less crowded than any NCL ship I've been on! With so many different venues, the crowds are always dispersed across the ship, so no one venue seems over-crowded at any given time! You won't have too much trouble finding quiet spots to enjoy a drink. There are so many choices, you won't have to visit the same spot twice if you don't want to! ;) We enjoyed the Rising Tide Bar, Dazzles, The Viking Crown Lounge, The Schooner Bar, Boleros, The Champagne Bar....gee, I could go on and on!

I rarely visit the pool on any ship, so I am useless for advice there :o but I'm sure someone here will clue you in!

I too have been on both. Yes they did tweak the Allure ie Dog house and Rita's. But both are the same. I also like Chicago better then Hairspray. I am booked on the Allure in Feb 2012 and Oasis Aug 2013. That speaks more then anything else I think. I was on both inaugural cruises.

I sailed on the Oasis last November. Will be on the Allure this November. What are some examples of being more elegant?

thanks

thanks

lou

For a nice quiet drink in the evening head to the Champagne Bar. They also put out caviar.

...best lounge for drinks at night

For a nice quiet drink in the evening head to the Champagne Bar. They also put out caviar.

I also recommend the Viking Crown Lounge. It's very comfortable, has a light rock band playing, and they can pretty much mix up everything.

Another uncrowded and ambient place to have a drink is the Central Park bar. There's usually a 2 piece string band playing to help soften the mood.

I also recommend the Viking Crown Lounge. It's very comfortable, has a light rock band playing, and they can pretty much mix up everything.

Another uncrowded and ambient place to have a drink is the Central Park bar. There's usually a 2 piece string band playing to help soften the mood.

Ahhh, yes!!!! I forgot about The Central Park Bar (I think it is called the "Trellis Bar"). It is a lovely spot to hang out!!!! :D:D:D Especially in the evening!!!!

Ahhh, yes!!!! I forgot about The Central Park Bar (I think it is called the "Trellis Bar"). It is a lovely spot to hang out!!!! :D:D:D Especially in the evening!!!!

Yes it is the Trellis Bar.

I forgot about the Viking Crown is a great venue for an evening drink.

Archived