Continental Have Cheap Upgrade at Gate?

Perki

We have been able to upgrade to 1st Class on America West for $100pp at the ticket counter when we checked in, seats being available of course. Does anyone know if Continental offers anything like this in either 1st Class or Business?

I fly Continental quite a bit, and have never heard them offer an upgrade for sale. I have been upgraded (complimentary) to first class because I have "Gold" status in their frequent flyer program, and I have seen seats remain empty in the first-class section. So, as far as I know - they do not have upgrades for purchase at the gate.

(I did recently fly Delta and they do offer these upgrades for sale.)

Mary Lou

I fly Continental at least twice a month for work. Unfortunatly they do not offer upgrades for purchase at the gate. They will happily let you repurchase your ticket

As a frequent Continental flyer have you used their website to do check-in? It says you can do so 24-hrs in advance and we are trying to get an exit row for my hubby who at 6-4" can really use the room. I know they normally reserve these rows til check-in so I was wondering if you can grab these seats over the internet check-in process? Just wondering if you had had any experience with this. Thank you!

As a frequent Continental flyer have you used their website to do check-in? It says you can do so 24-hrs in advance and we are trying to get an exit row for my hubby who at 6-4" can really use the room. I know they normally reserve these rows til check-in so I was wondering if you can grab these seats over the internet check-in process? Just wondering if you had had any experience with this. Thank you!

If they are available you can get it. You just have to one of the first ones to check in.

Archived