Infinity/ S.S. United States Dinner Packages

cherylroslyn

When I was on the Summit in April there was a special offer in the S.S. Normandie.

There were a number of choices but basically there were "Wine and Dine" packages where the customer would prepay for a package of Dinners matched with wines. There was a five dinner/5 bottles of wine option as well as a three dinner/three botttles of wine option.

In addition there were five dinner and three dinner packages that did not include wine.

I bought a three individual dinner package for $89.00.

I was interested in these packages again if they were offered on the Infinity.

Does anyone know if this program is available on the Infinity in the S. S United States?

Thank you in advance.....:D

We were on Infinity the last week of June and if this was an option, I was not aware of it.

Sounds like a nice package for those who use specialty dining a lot.

We had two very nice dinners in the SS United States. The atmosphere, food and service were outstanding.

In March/April and again in July... There were no Specialty Dining packages offered on either of those cruises... Don't know for sure but I suspect that offers such as the ones you describe may be contingent upon the number of guests who have prebooked the Specialty Restaurant on a specific sailing...

Thank you very much for your replies.

I was wondering whether to pre-book the S.S. United States by September 1, 2011 in order to lock in at the lower price.

I guess I will now that I know there are no pckages offered. I thought the packages were a nice idea and I had never seen that offered before.

Sounds like the 'Wine & Dine' packages that are being promoted by Celebrity. Haven't sailed on the Infinity, but the Infinity is listed on the brochure that Celebrity has on their website: http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/celebrity/en_US/cel_pdf/Wine_Dine_Final.pdf

No pricing is included on the website, although they advertise that the packages provide "a savings of up to 29%". These packages also do not appear to be bookable online (or at least I can't seem to find them).

Booking SS United States now for the date that you want at the lower price... And if it turns out that specialty dining packages are offered once you are aboard Infinity, I'd promptly see the Maitre 'D to discuss conversion of your existing plans--perhaps with an additional dinner or two--to one of the packages... Aside from their relatively recent price reduction policies post-final payment [which I detest; some here are more understanding than I--but that's not today's topic], I generally find them to be quite reasonable--often in guest favor--in such matters...

We were on a Panama Canal cruise on the Infinity in April/May and they were selling the speciality dinner packages just outside of the buffet. We purchased the 5 dinner package.

The prices were: 3 dinners - $89 pp;

5 dinners - $139 pp;

3 dinners & 3 bottles of wine - $279 per couple;

5 dinners & 3 bottles of wine - $359 per couple;

5 dinners & 5 bottles of wine - $399 per couple

The food and the service were fantastic. By the third dinner they were making dishes for us that weren't on the menu. Hope this helps.

We were on a Panama Canal cruise on the Infinity in April/May and they were selling the speciality dinner packages just outside of the buffet. We purchased the 5 dinner package.

The prices were: 3 dinners - $89 pp;

5 dinners - $139 pp;

3 dinners & 3 bottles of wine - $279 per couple;

5 dinners & 3 bottles of wine - $359 per couple;

5 dinners & 5 bottles of wine - $399 per couple

The food and the service were fantastic. By the third dinner they were making dishes for us that weren't on the menu. Hope this helps.

Yes it does help a great deal....thank you!!!!!

Booking SS United States now for the date that you want at the lower price... And if it turns out that specialty dining packages are offered once you are aboard Infinity, I'd promptly see the Maitre 'D to discuss conversion of your existing plans--perhaps with an additional dinner or two--to one of the packages... Aside from their relatively recent price reduction policies post-final payment [which I detest; some here are more understanding than I--but that's not today's topic], I generally find them to be quite reasonable--often in guest favor--in such matters...

I'm going to take your advice and do just that. If I book three and then the package is offered I will work it out withthe Maitre'd.......thank you so much for the advice :)

Sounds like the 'Wine & Dine' packages that are being promoted by Celebrity. Haven't sailed on the Infinity, but the Infinity is listed on the brochure that Celebrity has on their website: http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/celebrity/en_US/cel_pdf/Wine_Dine_Final.pdf

No pricing is included on the website, although they advertise that the packages provide "a savings of up to 29%". These packages also do not appear to be bookable online (or at least I can't seem to find them).

Thank you for the link, from the looks of it it should be available but who knows....with the new pricing they may have suspended it??? I'll pre reserve and hope for the best......

Archived