Errol "ACD/Cruise Staff" Retired From Cruise Industry

Good Day,

I just wanted to say hello to all who crusied with me over the years and followed me throughout my Cruise Career. I enjoyed everyone and will miss the Cruise Industry very much. I have been home now for three weeks in the cold city of Toronto and really could use a Palm Tree and beach right about now. I have not held a microphone for some time now and it really feels wierd not picking one up and hosting a DUTS party or Rock & Roll Sock Hop. I will be starting my own Entertainment & Event Planning company in Toronto with my future wife who will remain un-named as she is a frequent sailor on this site. I welcome any questions and concerns I can answer without getting into any trouble with RCI as I those are NOT my intentions. I enjoyed my time and left on great terms to start my future and I look forward to hearing from you all.

Best Regards,

Errol (ACD/Cruise Staff)

Majesty Of The Seas-Cruise Staff, Radiance Of The Seas-Cruise Staff & ACD, Mariner Of The SeasCruise Staff, Sovereign Of The Seas-ACD, Grandeur Of The Seas-Cruise Staff

Errol, thanks for the very generous offer..... I will take you up on it.....

I will be on Sovereign this spring, having never been to Nassau, and have read from most posters here that it isn't the greatest port....

If you got to spend much time there what would you rec. to do in an afternoon in Nassau? thought you may have some "little known secrets"

Also, what is the "best kept secret" aboard the Sovereign.

thanks. ML

Hey Errol, with you gone, wondering if we should apply for your job as all of on these boards probably would kill to cruise all the time. Just kidding, I know and realize you guys put in plenty of hours and it was hard work.

Enjoy your new career and when you earn all those big bucks, sign up for a cruise and come and join us again.

Firefighterhoop:

I apprecite you watching my Horse Racing as I know some people came to relax by the pool and I always would be the one to wake them up, so its nice to know you enjoyed and hope to entertain you all again one day.

TxKroozer

We do work alot of hours and alot of passengers do not realize this however we as employees must realize you as guests are on vacation, so I cant speak for everyone but I really do understand both ends, the passengers and the crew perspective. Thanks for the wishes and one day I will come and cruise again.

first timer with teens

It all depends on how long you are staying, my personal preference would be Key West, I love the keys but youd want to make sure your day for a good time and not a short time. Nassau is also a all time favorite of mine as I have been going there for years and it is so nice and feels like home. Hope you have a good time...

wannacruise655

I cant say much about the Sov. my contract was only about seven weeks and I really didnt get to know many secrest around there except the Cookies, you want them fresh you have to be there just before the aftrenoon Bingo session to get a good cookie. Afternoon in Nassau, well Atlantis is the best place in the world. Its incredible and I really enjoy it everytime I go, always somethiong to do and lots of fun so you never get bored with you time. goood luck to you....

ArizonaCruiser85374

It was my pleasure to entertain you over the years and I hope you enjoy the other ACD's and Cruise Staff as much as you did me...Good luck and sail with you soon maybe.

Polish Falcon

Thanks for your wishses and see you around .....

Best Regards,

Errol

Cruise Staff

Majesty , Sovereign, Radiance, Mariner, Grandeur...OF THE SEAS....

PLEASE KEEP THE EMAILS COMING AS I WOULD LOVE TO KEEP IN TOUCH AND MAYBE COME TO CRUISE ON ANY SPECIAL EVENTS YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO ATTEND ON ANY SHIP....CHEERS AND ALL THE BEST...

Hi Errol,

Welcome to the boards! I heard many good things about you, and RCCL lost a very talented ACD. Asides from the obvious allure of snow and sleet, I am curious why you would leave the cruising industry. Is that something you can share with us?

There has been many threads over the years about how seriously RCCL takes the passenger comment cards. Do you know whether this is something the cruise line takes seriously? What action do they take on the suggestions made by passengers?

I have many other questions, but we'll start here.

Good luck to you and your future wife ;)

Good Day,

Well I wanted to start off by saying to my fellow Torontonians , thanks for the warm welcome back, well it will be warm soon, so thanks CKROBYN, ALEXELIZ I will start by answering you as we are trying to get things rolling and will try and work on Corporate Planning for Christmas parties and if we can book other events that would be great, Im currently going to be working at Hyundai Dealership in Richmondhill until things can fly and I will go from there. To our HOST JACQUELYN, I felt it was time for several reasons. I have been in the Cruise Indusrty for close to eleven years and have really done my time, I worked with RCCL close to three years and put alot of time and effort into RCCL to get to the top. I had one dream and that was to be the best Cruise Director in the Industry and I dont think I was given a fair chance at this, I started as ACD on the Radiance and was thrown into the job and took it on with alot of changes coming into the company and some of these changes were hard to adapt to being new to the position as well. I was ACD for the remainder of my Radiance Contract and wound up doing close to seven months worth of contract time and then went home to Toronto for two weeks. I was due to come back as ACD on the Sovereign for a fill in but was supposed to come with a Cruise Director who I worked very well with. That Cruise Director never came and I was stuck there not unhappy actually enjoyed my contract very much on the Sovereign. Towards the end of my contract I felt i should ask if I was going to be coming back as ACD or Cruise Staff. It took them a while but they answered me a few days before I left to go on a long deserved vacation of two and a half months. I was told I was returning as Cruise Staff and that I needed some polishing. I had no problems with that as mater a fact I agreed but didnt think I would have to wait for so long. I arrived on the Grandeur and after a week or two I was back up hosting the events and running doing what I do best, captivating crowds. It was great until one day one I was off in mexico and bumped into a Cruise Staff member who was a new hire and brand new to ships who I trained on the Radiance and we got to talking and it turned out he was on the Enchantment I believe as ACD, well that just really ate me up inside and at that point i decided I wanted to go home and that my time had come. My cruise Director at the time asked me to stay and the Regular Cruise Director and Activities Manager who run the GR were to come and thats what the office wanted me there for was to train with them, I decided to stick it out a little longer and so I did. The GR was great and the staff was the best I worked with in a long time, however nothing seemed to be coming out of my request except my time will come. Meanwhile Cruise Staff all over the company had been promoted and I just said I had it and gave my notice. I had great times on all RCCL ships and dont regret any of it however I really wish I was given a 2nd chance to prove myself in the position not watching the position as a cruise staff member. I hope I have not crossed any lines however I feel when asked I will answer. I totally still recomend a RCCL ship over any others as they have so much more to offer and anyone who cruises them always has the time of there lives on the ships. Suggestions made by passengers are always taken seriously by the Crew & Staff on board however once it leaves our hands and goes to shoreside Im not to sure whats done with them, I know alot of changes that are made are through passenger suggestions. Comment Cards are taken very seriously and will always be very important to the staff and they really do determine the staffs positions and where they go as far as moving forward or staying back. If every passenger that ever cruised with me worte what they said they would have, I would be way ahead of the game but I cannot ask for a comment people have to want o give it. Well again thanks for the questions and hope all is well and please keep those questions coming as I got answers if you need them, again Im still here for you.

Errol

Cruise Staff

Majesty, Sovereign, Radiance, Mariner, Grandeur

"Git R Done"

Hi Errol,

We have missed your great personality onthe Radiance. Since you left as ACD things have not been the same. Each time we are on a ship we ask about you and now we finally know where you are.

Please give our regards to your wonderful mom and dad and we both wish you every success and happiness. May all of your dreams come true! You are the best and whether you reached that CD position or not, never lose faith in who you are. You are very special, and and the lady in your life is very lucky to have you in hers.

Fondly,

Errol...Is your fiance the girl that was "my future wife" on last year's PC cruise? Or was that two years ago? Or was that even you?

I just remember either last year or the year before on the RD PC trip there was a really cute girl that one of the guys was always teasing the crowd about her being his future wife. He was Canadian and I believe she was too. I'm not sure who was "chasing" who....but they sure made a cute couple. If that was y'all then.....Congratulations! Was it a shipboard romance?

Hey Errol!! I was on the Grandeur with you in early Dec. I really had fun and you were fantastic. There's a link to my pictures in my sig. Your butt is in one of my pics and the future Mrs. saw it. We've emailed each other a few times. How is she doing?? I haven't seen her around lately.

Sorry to here that RCI is losing such a great person. I know that you will do well here in the real world and wish you all the best!!

Dawn

Errol I have never been on the ships you have been on and just want to say that at times for the ones I have been on the ACD was far better than the CD.

Even for us 'land workers' so much is universal when it comes to acknowledgment and promotions, success, personal achievement and feeling good about who we are, who we work with, and what we do.

From the story of your expereience I am certain many of us can relate and appreciate the courage of your decision.

Best of luck to you!

Hi Errol we were wondering if would ever run into you again on future cruises, unfortunately it looks like we won't. That is really too bad we had a great time with you! I know you see a lot of people, but let me try and refresh your memory. We were on the last Alaska cruise of the season in September 2003 and Mike was on the Survivor game, he was the one with all the stuffed animals, trying to buy votes (also hid them all over the ship!!) We really liked your style and thought you were great - a lot better then the CD - can not even remember her name. If you ever plan on coming to the Georgetown area let us know. We were actually planning on mailing you one of the dog's (you thought they were cats or something), every year but could not figure out where to send one. We still have some!! Take care Tracey

Errol,

Aahhh, experience! OK. I'll throw a question or two your way. My sister (first time cruiser) and I (last cruised 6 years ago on Majesty of the Seas) will be sailing the Southern Caribbean onboard Serenade of the Seas in December of this year. We would like to know your thoughts on the best spots to shop (in general and for jewelry) and the best kick-back-and-soak-up-the-sun beaches to go to. Also, my sister will be celebrating her 50th birthday onboard as well. Any suggestions on how to decorate up the room? Do I pack my own decorations, or is purchasing the birthday package through RCCL worth it? Thanks for your time.

Hi Horse Fans....

The best Decortaed Horse I have to say would be the one where I was presented the Hooters Award by to young girls that worked at Hooters, cant remeber what state but they presented me with the Outfit after, I still have the outfit. I thought they did a great job with the horse as if this horse was serving in Hooters I would have ordered from it myslef. Horse raing has been pulled off my ships and they do not do the auctions anymore which I think is silly as they would draw crowds. An the guests looked forward to decorating and parading the horses around all week. Hope I answered what you wanting to know.

Skiiergirl:

No that is not my Fiance, my Girlfriend is sitting right beside me and I did meet her on the Radiance in Alaska one year ago. Thats funny though because that girl your thinking of, I was just seen at the "One of a Kind Show" by her uncle who cruised that cruise as well and wanted to know what I was doing working at a tradeshow.

atseadaze:

Im still alive but will not be returing to ship life, Im very sorry but I must move on and if I want to keep this good looking girl beside me I must leave ships and move on. I would love a invite by the guests though anytime to come back at your expenses, lol, just a joke. If I ever decide to take a cruise I will notify the board so you can all book that week. I will say hi to my parents for you and Good "Pesach"

wingnut:

Dawn, I remember youthanks to my GF who reminded me who you were. You enjoyed hanging out with myself and pierce that week. Anyways My GF will show me this pic as she said she knows where to see it.

2sisterz:

I would get the decorations yourself that way you can be different then the rest, as all B-Days that week will have the package by RCCL and be the same, picture of the Big Blue & White Boat with a Happy B-Day wroitten across. Let yours stand out, and as far as beaches , Im not a beach person and didnt really soajk up anywhere. I was a bar and restaraunt stopper. Tell me some of your stops on the Serenade and I will see if I can help you out with some Hot Spots etc...Good Luck...

finally Cruising:

Well I appreciate your input and glad we are recognised by some. It to bad you never sailed with me as it would have been a expoerience for you as it has with several others, I will keep you posted on my first cruise as a Guest, because thats the ship that is gonna be turned inside out, lol. Have a great day...

Magicat:

I do remember a little and would love to contact you but being new to the boards and not sure how they work I dont think I can but I will keep you guys in mind and I di reemember his in survivor and the Cruise Director was "Angie Glazer" who I would go to bat for anyday and was a great friend of mine. Hope you guys are cool and stay well......

I think I got everyone if I missed you ever just let me know and I will do my best to get to you , I first started this it was two responses, now eighteen, its all good though, cheers and keep em coming...

Errol

Cruise Staff

Majesty, Sovereign, Radiance, Mariner, Grandeur

2sisterz:

I would get the decorations yourself that way you can be different then the rest, as all B-Days that week will have the package by RCCL and be the same, picture of the Big Blue & White Boat with a Happy B-Day wroitten across. Let yours stand out, and as far as beaches , Im not a beach person and didnt really soajk up anywhere. I was a bar and restaraunt stopper. Tell me some of your stops on the Serenade and I will see if I can help you out with some Hot Spots etc...Good Luck...]

Errol, thanks for the tip. We'll be stopping in St. Thomas, St. Maarten, St. Lucia, Antigua and Barbados. We're always game for a good hot spot to check out for good food and great drink;) My sister said she is going to have to find a "Cruise Critic Anonymous" meeting to attend as I am addicted to this website!:D

Hi Errol....

Thanks for all your years of providing passengers with fun filled vacations and lots of laughs.... I sailed with you on the Radiance as well as the Sovereign...

No one will ever forget your "Electrifying Bingo".

Though it may not have come through with RCI, you have proved yourself with those who matter most.....the passengers, and this board shows that.

It is important to hear that the comment cards are as vital as you say they are. Hopefully passengers will recognize that and speak out when a crew or staff have impacted their vacation.

Again, thank you for the memories and all the best.....keep moving forward...

Hi Errol,

thanks for offering to answer our questions.

There is one thing I´d like to know. I was always wonderuing about the cruise compass and the daily activity planners. Are they printed onboard or are they prepared in advance and delivered to the ship for the whole cruise?

The reason I ask this is because on my last cruise there was a change of entertainers because of illness and although it must have been clear two days in advance (otherwise the guy that came as replacement wouldn´t had been able to come aboard) the cruise compass showed the original planned act. That made me think about when and where the compass is set up and printed.

Thanks for taking your time to answer.

Archived