Gem cabin obstructed view fore and aft orientation?

Vt Rider

I just noticed our cabin assignment has been posted on the Gem, stateroom 8092. This cabin is an obstructed view but the orientation is fore and aft so that the length of the cabin is against the outside of the ship. When I booked I went with an oceanview guarantee. Is anyone familiar with this orientation and cabin layout? Any thoughts on this cabin at all? I see its right next to the stairs and elevator so I’m thinking it might be a bit on the loud side. This is our first cruise so I'm not familiar with the layout.

We just got off of the gem on sunday and were in cabin 8096 so I am thinking you are right down the hall. The rooms layout was great. How many people will be in your room? We were a family of 4. You walk into the cabin and the king size bed is to the right (that is the foot of the bed), beyond that closet to the window is a cot. My son slept on the bunk that was right over our heads. Yes, the first night I got up and wacked my head,lol. To the left of the door is the bathroom. 8096 was a handicap room as well so plenty of room in the bathroom. There was a small area with a vanity. The tv was very nice but not too many stations but you are not in the room too much. We had a terrific view, hardly obstructed.

As for the noise- we were the 1st cabin in that room and right off of tequila(tex-mex restaurant). We did not hear the noise from the restaurant but we did from the kitchen and the guitar singing in the atrium. We also heard many kids running up and down the halls past midnight. Would I pick that room again, absolutely. It was a great location. We would walk thru tequila to go to the main elevators. If you walk to the left there are elevators that go to the dining rooms.

Enjoy your trip. Any questions ask away

sorry, come to think of it your cabin will be before tequila so you are closer to the elevators for the atrium. Disregard what I was saying about the noise from the kitchen-you are no where near that. You are going to really like the size of your room.

Enjoy

Archived