Allure Review, Pictures and Other Great Information: Aug 7, 2011 Sailing

can you believe that? iluvcruisin' prone to seasickness? why oh why me? :( :o ...of course I don't let it stop me...just use the patch and drink plenty of gingerale :p

Have you tried the Ginger root capsules from GNC? I start taking them 24 hours before boarding and then once a day each day and its been great for me. Easier to carry on that cans of Ginger Ale.

My DH and I went on the Oasis last June and booked the Allure for this Dec. while on the ship. We absolutely loved the Oasis and think with all the enhancements we will love the Allure even more. We were in a Boardwalk balcony before now we will be in a Central Park balcony.

We have booked our shows. Reserved the character breakfast, yes we have no kids but its all about fun so why not. We have also reserved our cupcake decorating class which is a must do. I am so excited, I can't wait to get on that beautiful ship!!!

ILuvCruisin'-love, love, love your review and photos! Thank you :)

Hi Sherry84: Glad you're enjoying the ride and you are soooo welcome...:p

sometimes when you do these things you don't know if the info is helpful to anyone and you don't know if people are enjoying it...so it is very much appreciated when people post every now and then to let you know...so thanks for taking the time...

can you believe that? iluvcruisin' is prone to seasickness? why oh why me? :( :o ...of course I don't let it stop me...just use the patch and drink plenty of gingerale :p

Have you tried the Ginger root capsules from GNC? I start taking them 24 hours before boarding and then once a day each day and its been great for me. Easier to carry on that cans of Ginger Ale.

Thanks for the info BillOh. I will check them out.

I use to use Dramamine...it worked great but I had to remember to take it the same time each day or it would take a while to kick in...that's when I went to the Patch......but the "just not right" tummy still lingers...

Also, this cruise I realized that I can get Gingerale (and probably Cranberry Juice too) in the Diamond Lounge so I will probably just bring one or two to tide me over in case the Lounge isn't open Embarkation Day....I normally don't even visit the lounge but maybe once just to see it because I don't like sitting in there....I would rather be out and about...

My DH and I went on the Oasis last June and booked the Allure for this Dec. while on the ship. We absolutely loved the Oasis and think with all the enhancements we will love the Allure even more. We were in a Boardwalk balcony before now we will be in a Central Park balcony.

We have booked our shows. Reserved the character breakfast, yes we have no kids but its all about fun so why not. We have also reserved our cupcake decorating class which is a must do. I am so excited, I can't wait to get on that beautiful ship!!!

Hi pcl_cruiser: Wow!!! sounds like you are well prepared...won't be long now!!! :D

Thanks for posting and I look forward to hearing about the Character Breakfast and the Cupcake Decorating Class...

Embarkatin Day:

Sunday Aug 7, 2011...YAHOO!!!!!

Here are links to Welcome Aboard scanned documents that we found helpful (you should receive this info from the person who checks you in, if not then go to Guest Services to get it):

Click Here: Allure_WelcomeAboard_Restaurant Info

As you arrive = Restaurant times on Embarkation Day

Click Here: Allure_WelcomeAboard_7 Day Cruise Planner

7 Day Cruise Planner: gives you an idea of some of the activities that will occur each day

Click Here: Allure_WelcomeAboard_Ship Facts

Allure Facts: All you need to know about Ms. Allure to get your cruise started...Ship Deck Plans and Q&A about Sailing

How many cruises to Diamond????:)

Hi JC: It goes by points now..earn 80 points and your Diamond....all prior Jan 21, 2011 cruises were converted to the point system and from Jan 21, 2011 you get one point for every day you sail and double points if you sail in a Suite...

check it out here:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/aboutprogram.do

I was already Diamond before the change......

also, chk to be sure they converted all your prior cruises properly....

it kinda still works out the same...I always needed 24 cruises to get to Double Diamond and it still works out to 24 to get to Diamond Plus...only now I have to make all of them 7 days or it will take me longer...had I stuck to RCCL and not done any of the other lines I would be Plus already...:rolleyes:

Dreamworks Character Breakfast:

http://www.twoculturescook.com/?news_posts=character-breakfast-allure-of-the-seas

Day 5 - At Sea

Today's breakfast was special because we were having breakfast with Dreamwork characters. They didn't say who were coming and only told us there'd be three characters visiting.

Menu

_MG_6372.jpg

They gave us chocolate muffins, a couple slices of chocolate loaf, and chocolate-drizzled croissants.

_MG_6373.jpg

Chocolate shake

_MG_6378.jpg

First to come out was Shrek, next was Fiona then Puss in Boots.

_MG_6384.jpg

Newcruiser1 also had some wonderful pics of a Cenral Park Balcony cabin (this is the cabin JoCruiser was in- see her review above #113)...with Central Park you either get a Balcony or just a window view (see Post above for the window view version Post #207).....thx Newbcruiser for the pics...Soon after arriving to her cabin on Embarkation Day they evidently asked if she wouldn't mind changing her cabin from Inside to Central Park Balcony to accomodate other cruisers who needed the larger inside cabin...

Soon after, I was in my new room, a central park balcony on deck 12, unpacking, yet again! I think it was worth it though, as this room was MUCH quieter than the other one, and hey, I had a balcony now!

Here are some pictures of my new room (12209). It felt about the same size as the interior room, although the layout was more convenient with the bed by the balcony (it made putting stuff away and getting ready easier, having the desk near the couch and closet). This room also had little bottles of lotion, shampoo, conditioner, and bodywash in the washroom, and bathrobes in the closet, whereas the other room did not. The one strange thing is that the Central Park balconies do not have lights outside, so I could not read on the balcony at night.

249695_857161276491_172001519_43757388_2387261_n.jpg

260494_857161476091_172001519_43757391_1649204_n.jpg

Note the ice bucket in the room - I did not have to ask for ice as others did on other RCI ships recently - I was automatically given ice once a day. Also while I was very excited about the iPod dock, I didn't even use it once. It was great to have a lit up clock in the room though.

250525_857161391261_172001519_43757389_8029840_n.jpg

My view to the left:

246891_857161585871_172001519_43757392_3495962_n.jpg

And to the right (I was right near the coloured bubble lights):

260421_857161700641_172001519_43757393_2523215_n.jpg

We are going to get back to Embarkation...

take a look at these shots taken by

someone on the Emerald Princess

which was at the Port in Ft Lauderdale

same time as Ms. Allure and several other ships....

Celebrity Solstice, HAL Rotterdam

Ruby Princess, Carnival Freedom

& RCCL Allure of the Seas

and I'm on the Emerald Princess

taking the photo in Fort Lauderdale

034-port-everglades-XL.jpg

Fort Lauderdale Pier 18

033-allure-L.jpg

(notice who has to have a pier all by herself?

Yes,she is too much of a Diva

and too GRAND to share her space.

And the other ships get mighty jealous too. :p)

the view here is AFT...aka Back...

the Aqua Theatre/Boardwalk Deck 6

is on the other side of those curtains

the big brownish things on either side

are the Rock Climbing Walls

and then there is a Wonderful

view of the Crown and Anchor

(RCCL's company Logo)

Some Ship Talk:

Facing "Forward"

Left handside = Port

Right handside = Starboard

Thanks for the info BillOh. I will check them out.

I use to use Dramamine...it worked great but I had to remember to take it the same time each day or it would take a while to kick in...that's when I went to the Patch......but the "just not right" tummy still lingers...

Also' date=' this cruise I realized that I can get Gingerale (and probably Cranberry Juice too) in the Diamond Lounge so I will probably just bring one or two to tide me over in case the Lounge isn't open Embarkation Day....I normally don't even visit the lounge but maybe once just to see it because I don't like sitting in there....I would rather be out and about...[/quote']

Try Bonine. It doesn't make you sleepy and it lasts 24 hours! It's the best!

We had been planning this Cruise for many, many months and the time to get aboard was finally here!!!..as usual I didn't sleep much the night before but I didn't feel tired either...I knew I was running on pure excitement...about 7am or so I got up …I wanted to make certain luggage and everything was ready as we had scheduled the shuttle for 10:00am and I wanted to get to the fitness center in the Hyatt early so I wouldn't have to wait for any of the equipment and could do my routine in the right order...elliptical, bike, treadmill…

Finished at the fitness center, grabbed some continental breakfast and headed back up to the room to get dressed, sisters had gotten dressed and eaten already so the way was clear for me to do my thing…got dressed in record time and we headed down for the shuttle… most of the rest of our group was already down there, shuttle had arrived and the luggage was being loaded.. Great!... time to say good bye to the Hyatt and head to Pier #18 and Ms. Allure…

Upon first sighting her my tummy just started tumbling…that always happens to me when I arrive at a cruise pier…You see the people who just got off getting into their taxis or shuttles and you see some of the people who you are getting ready to cruise with arriving…there is a lot of hustle Bustle and the excitement is in the air for sure…I just luv it!!! :D

Here is some info on Luggage drop off at the Pier...

Embarkation Day - Pier Luggage Drop Off:

You can drop your luggage off with the porters at your cruise terminal once you embark for your shuttle or taxi or whatever means you used to get to the port. The porters have luggage your tags if you weren’t able to print them at home or forgot them, etc. be sure to tag your luggage with the bag tag that has your name and cabin number on it as this is the way they know where to deliver your luggage once it arrives onboard.

Note: It is a good idea to tip the porters. I usually tip $1 or $2 per bag depending on what the Porter does.

Your bags go on a rack to be loaded onto the ship. You will not see your bags until later on. This could sometimes be after dinner so be sure to keep whatever you will need with you in your carry on. (meds, swimsuit, change of clothes for dinner, cameras, toiletries, etc.) Of course me being Joan Collins, Jr I have a couple of carry ons with me. ;)

After dropping your luggage with the porters you can go into the terminal for check in immediately. Sometimes depending on the Port some people drop their luggage with the porters and go and drop their rental car off and take a shuttle or taxi back to the pier. Or perhaps they are early and just want to go and run some errands. In most cases, though, you are probably ready to go into the terminal for check in.

Note: Ladies you might want to freshen up a bit so you are prepared to take a couple of pics, one for your boarding pass (which is also your cabin key) and one as your embarkation picture (the second you will of course get the chance to pay the cruise line if you wish to take it home)…the boarding pass pic for Ms. Allure is taken by the person who checks you in...also, remember the embarkation pic is used as the Face Recognition if you purchased the Picture CD so be sure you take at least one with everyone in it

Just thought I would post this again as a reminder...

I pulled out my camera and one of the Security persons told me

that I couldn't take pics inside of Pier 18...

didn't want to take a chance on them

confiscating my camera or worse yet

(interrupting my cruising plans :o) so I put my

camera away but here are some

photos from some other people....

Outside of the pier you give your

luggage to a porter... you will

not see it again until once onboard which

could be any where from 1:00 pm to some time

after dinner so be sure you take

what you will need in your carry on

S8-vi.jpg

This is where you will take your

embarkation picture after you check in

S10-vi.jpg

S9-vi.jpg

sometimes after you chk in they are not ready for you to board so

you chk in' date=' take your embarkation pic and sit in an upper level [/color']

until the ship has been cleared for boarding...

there are restrooms up there and vending machines but

hopefully you won't have to wait too long...

there is also an area for Diamond and above to wait..

S11-vi.jpg

Inside Pier 18 _ The Check in

This is the pic I have been looking for to

show the newbies (or just those new to

Oasis class ships) what the Check In Counters

look like...

CC cruisers provide some awesome shots...

SDC12670.jpg

SDC12675.jpg

Time to take your welcome aboard photo!!!

if you have the Picture CD be sure everyone is in this photo

as it is used for face recognition to include the people on your CD....

we took group shots and then families took separate shots as well

SDC12672.jpg

awesome job on the review. i like how my pics are advertised as well :) haha cheers!

makes us wish that we are on the oasis right now....

mr.jdm!!!! so glad to see your fonts!!!:cool:

thank you for stopping by and oh yes, your pictures are soooo beautiful!!!!

I wish I was cruising right now too...my quest to relive our cruise is how I find all the wonderful reviews and pics like yours :p

Please be sure to come back and visit...

Warning! more you look at all the wonderful reviews. the more you would want to put that deposit down :p

as you see from my sig:D:D:D.. getting excited and most probably another trip report. but on hal board... stay tuned ;)

Warning! more you look at all the wonderful reviews. the more you would want to put that deposit down :p

as you see from my sig:D:D:D.. getting excited and most probably another trip report. but on hal board... stay tuned ;)

So true, mr.jdm, so true!!!:p

Wow you don't have long to wait!!!

I am hoping someone can answer this question, do they have any professional pics that can be taken with the Allure in the back drop? When we were on the Oasis, they didn't have any and I would really like one on the Allure. Also do they have the phote books, that professional pics can be digitally inserted?

I am hoping someone can answer this question, do they have any professional pics that can be taken with the Allure in the back drop? When we were on the Oasis, they didn't have any and I would really like one on the Allure. Also do they have the phote books, that professional pics can be digitally inserted?

Hi pcl_cruiser: There were a couple of times that the prof photographers took our picture with Allure in the background...they came out very good...if I get a chance I will scan one in...

not sure what you are talking about concerning photo books where the pro pics can be digitally inserted while onboard but we paid for the Photo CD and received all of the pics from the pro photographers on a CD...from that we can send them to a photo service (we used Walmart) to print all the pictures...you can print in any size or make a photo book...hope that helps...

Archived