Allure Review, Pictures and Other Great Information: Aug 7, 2011 Sailing

BillOH that is such a funny story....I will have to see if I can find a pic of Ms. Gloria...(BTW: I grew up in OHIO...go Buckeyes!!!)

Found one! In this pic Gloria is in the Rising Tide Bar (and it is Rising! haha) We are standing in the Schooner bar' date=' Deck 6, Aft)[/b']

2993251050063272275S600x600Q85.jpg

BillOH that is such a funny story....I will have to see if I can find a pic of Ms. Gloria...(BTW: I grew up in OHIO...go Buckeyes!!!)

Is that the Gray hippo's name? My child is 27 so I've lost track of cartoon characters. Their dressing room is on the aft deck of the ship inside the running track, they use the track to go to the stairs to the aqua theater. Fortunately I saw her coming in time to avoid her.

Found one! In this pic Gloria is in the Rising Tide Bar (and it is Rising! haha) We are standing in the Schooner bar' date=' Deck 6, Aft)[/b']

2993251050063272275S600x600Q85.jpg

I don't see a pink tutu, did I just imagine that?

Nice Pics ILC, now I am depressed! :(

JC!!!!:D:cool: so good to see your fonts. Thx for stopping by.

Everyone JC and her DH were one of the couples in our group. They stayed in a Central Park Balcony.

Here's her review of their cabin:

Thx for taking the time to wrote it JC.

Central Park View Cabin Review:

The Central Park view cabin has a beautiful view and I loved it! However, I do

not think I would opt to book another. The main reason is the 'view' doesn't

change. The balcony views on the 'oceanside' changes constantly and to me

the water is more relaxing. Another reason, there is no privacy...whenever you walk out on the balcony you are facing another cabin or the guests walking through Central Park...even if you are on a higher deck. So, eating breakfast in your 'Royal Caribbean bath robe' is not an option.

Also, with some 'oceanside' cabins your bed is positioned next to the balcony, in my opinion this gives more useable space and you are not right next to the closet door. I found it cumbersome to slide by the bed to get to the sitting area or to get to the closet. When the bed is on the balcony side, the closet and sitting area is easy to access. Having said all that I am happy I experienced the Central Park view cabin because Central Park is beautiful and amazing!

Thanks Iluvcruisin' for the info. We have been cruising for 10 years now and I just love RC the best and even after 10 years I still find new ideas and information I did not know about.

you are welcome lmracing8l...thanks so much for coming along for the ride and thanks a lot for posting...it's what helps to keep this thread going...and I agree RCCL never ceases to amaze me...they have really done it with this class of ship...Every day I found something that made my mouth drop open with surprise...

Is that the Gray hippo's name? My child is 27 so I've lost track of cartoon characters. Their dressing room is on the aft deck of the ship inside the running track' date=' they use the track to go to the stairs to the aqua theater. Fortunately I saw her coming in time to avoid her.[/quote']

Haha...yes her name is Gloria...I didn't see Dreamworks' Madagascar movie...I meant to before the cruise but ran out of time...my sis told me her name....

I don't see a pink tutu, did I just imagine that?

sis said she is very "prissy" in the movie...a real girly girl...so I wouldn't doubt she had on a tutu...she was probably on her way to do one of the shows they do during the week...

What nights were formal evenings? I am trying to line up specialty restaurants for formal nights. We are leaving on Sept. 18th doing the Eastern itinerary as well. Just my fiancee and I are going this trip.

Hi Sunwaves: formal nights for us: 2nd and 6th. I enjoyed the Eastern itinerary. One sis had never cruised and the other had never been to St Thomas or St Martin so good ports for getting a feel for the Carinbean. I also luv sea days and 3 on Allure allowed for exploring the ship time...Ms. Allure has so much to offer!

You don't have long now...:D

Thanks for stopping by....have a lot more to share so plez come back..

Thanks for the reviews and pix! They are great. Sounds like you had a good time. Any chance you might want to go on Allure again April 29, 2012 :D I look forward to seeing more.

Hi stacieg1011: glad you are enjoying he review and pix :cool:....I would luv to be on Ms. Allure with you for the April 29 sailing but don't think my pocketbook would be too happy what with the other sailings that I have planned for next year...haha...if not for that...haha

plez stay tuned!!!

so let's get back to this review...let's see, we left off with us in Ft Lauderdale arriving safely (finally) at the Hyatt Place South and returning from lunch at Fridays restaurant in a taxi rather than the Hyatt Place South Hotel Shuttle...(plez read the review on previous page to get the full story) that ended our first afternoon...we were exhausted by the time we returned from lunch...my sisters took a nap, one in the bed the other fell asleep on the couch but I was just too excited so I spent the time freshening up and repacking my stuff in my suitcases so they would be ready for cruise transport

sidebar: I have had my bags go missing several times on travel and sometimes it takes the airlines days before your bags are recovered so I travel with a very heavy carryon (and personal item :D)....but the airline carry on and the cruise carry on will not hold all of the same things...that is why once at the hotel I have to sort out things and make those bags that will be used for carry ons cruise ready...

all my friends tease me cause I was never a girl scout but I pack like one (my motto: better to have and not need than to need and not have)…there is a standing joke that if you need it Ms. Lillie probably has it…and yep one time I bought a tiny lil kitchen sink in my luggage …haha…so any way I am not like this:

article-0-0AB2F553000005DC-198_634x703.jpg

But I'm pretty close to it...LOL

This is where we ate dinner

the first night in Ft Lauderdale

2077695580063272275S600x600Q85.jpg

it was a pretty good meal...someone in our group had alligator and dolphin...

that's not it below...

sorry I have to find out if someone took a picture of that meal...

the service was great and prices weren't too bad...I would definite go again...

we had to pay an outside shuttle I think it was $4/person each way to take us...

(remember the Hyatt Place South Hotel Shuttle takes you within a 3 mile radius

but not on Fridays or Saturdays)...we made a reservation and they were ready for us when we arrived...

2223044740063272275S600x600Q85.jpg

Going on the Allure, Nov. 13, 2011. Really looking forward to this. Was on the Oasis in April. Yeah! Who is the Captain of the Allure? Can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks.

Hi cruiseancook: thanks for stopping by...you don't have very long to wait...we were on the Naming Ceremony for the Oasis...great FUN!!!

Can't find Captain's name anywhere huh? May I ask where exactly did you look and are you familiar with the Cruise Critic search feature? Just wondering? (hint: you can find his name a couple of times on this thread)

Archived