What to Do?...Too Many Ships In Port!!!

derfp

:(:(Will be visiting St Martin late November on Adventure of the Seas. According to various ports of call schedules there will be 6-8 ships with 18,000 to 20,000 passengers in port on the same day:eek:! Has anybody else experienced this magnitude of humanity? What did you do, what do you suggest? I would love to visit one of the beaches, but am very concerned about the amount of traffic returning to the ships mid -afternoon. I've been to St Martin before and I know how congested Phillipsburg can get? PLEASE HELP? I really don't want to stay on the ship and Great Bay/downtown will be extremely crowded...wall to wall people.

Thanks to all!

We went on a catamaran - The French Connection- two different times we were in St Martin. We rented it privately since we had 8 people and it was amazing. The site says you can also do it on a per person basis. It is a great way to leave the crowds behind. We had them make us lunch and bring us to a couple snorkeling spots. They had someone pick us up in Philipsburg and bring us to Marigot. Absolutely amazing days!

We went on a catamaran - The French Connection- two different times we were in St Martin. We rented it privately since we had 8 people and it was amazing. The site says you can also do it on a per person basis. It is a great way to leave the crowds behind. We had them make us lunch and bring us to a couple snorkeling spots. They had someone pick us up in Philipsburg and bring us to Marigot. Absolutely amazing days!

I agree.

Book a sailing or snorkeling excursion that leaves from your dock and avoid the crowds.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey folks....sorry for a stupid question, but do you think a catamaran is good for 2 young children (7 and 4 years old?). I've never been on one before, so I'm not sure?

Thanks for any thoughts!

The kids should have a great time.

• 9 months later...

Archived