Epic - dining reviews restaurants?

mizdiz

Is there anywhere I can find dining reviews for each restaurant on Epic. I would love to read some from passengers.

I tried doing a search and am not coming up with anything.

Please post restaurant reviews and if there was a surcharge.

Also - for the restaurants with a surcharge - are children allowed and if so are they charged the same surcharge? $25 for each of my kids is steep, but maybe they do that to discourage taking the kids.

I ate at

Cagneys ($25)

Moderno ($18 but I think now $20)

Shanghais ($10)

Epic Club (for suite guests)

Sushi ($25)

Crique Dreams dinner (not really a restaurant though)

La Cucina ($10)

I never ate at Taste or Manhattan Room. I wanted to try as many specialty restaurants as possible. I would say they are all worth the extra price. But there is no consensus among posters here which are the best. I have seen mixed reviews of all the restaurants.

I am a big Cagneys fan and it was very good. But it was our last night and I think since our senses were worn out, we did not enjoy it as other cruises.

Moderno is very good and an awesome experience. But to me, been there done that. I dont prefer meat sampling. I like to have just one piece of the best filet possible.

Shanghais was our surprise. We had no expectations and was blown away.

Not a sushi fan but my wife was not thrilled, just ok

They were all good. Next time, I would limit myself to one steakhouse and eventually try Taste and Manhattan ;)

La Cucina has one of the best atmospheres on the ship. The food is ok.

A lot of times, you need to read the member reviews (in that section of this site) to find mentions of the restaurants.

On our Epic cruise, we ate in Cagney's several times, and it was, as it is on all NCL ships, excellent. Is it the best steak I've ever had? No, but it's definitely worth the money.

We ate in the Asian restaurant (sorry can't remember the name) and it was definitely only just average. Have had much better on the Spirit and the Pearl.

Other than that, we took many of our meals in the Epic club, which is by far the best restaurant on the ship, IMO. But of course, you have to be in a Haven Suite to eat there, so I guess you could say it's also definitely the most expensive restaurant!

I am a big Cagneys fan and it was very good. But it was our last night and I think since our senses were worn out, we did not enjoy it as other cruises.

Shanghais was our surprise. We had no expectations and was blown away.

I tried Cagney's on the Sky and the Epic. I ordered one of my favorites both times (Prime Rib). On the Sky they brought me out a slice that had been grilled/broiled - NOT roasted! If I had wanted a Ribeye, I would have ordered one! On the Epic, it looked like a proper Prime Rib, but was tough and without much flavor - though it was properly cooked Rare/M-Rare. I will not bother a third time (trying Prime Rib) with them again, not a chance!

I agree with you about Shanghai's -- the reviews were all pretty much "so-so", but it ended up being one of our favorite meals!!

We enjoyed the Epic club for multiple breakfast and lunch trips, but only once for dinner. I will make a point to have more (2-3?) dinners in there in November!

Tom

Archived